Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Right Sequence of Kitchen Improvements

Sugar
Established Contributor

Right Sequence of Kitchen Improvements

Hi folks, 

We are wanting to do some work on our kitchen. Following are the things we would like to do. This is going to be one at a time. 

A. Changing the Rangehood to this: https://www.bunnings.com.au/bellini-90cm-stainless-steel-canopy-rangehood_p0186539

my existing one is: 

Sugar_4-1613352817922.png

B. Changing the Cooktop to induction or ceramic cooktop, like thishttps://www.bunnings.com.au/bellini-60cm-induction-cooktop_p5103044

my existing one: 

Sugar_0-1613352386083.png

C. Change splashback to thishttps://www.bunnings.com.au/vistelle-700-x-745-x-6mm-mist-glass-splashback_p2669127?gclid=CjwKCAiAsa...

The current one is : 

Sugar_2-1613352711043.png

😧 install new Dishwasher: 

The current one is: 

Sugar_3-1613352752588.png

E: install new oven:

F: Changing the Benchtop: 

Current one: 

Sugar_1-1613352630890.png

We would like to know what is the best sequence to follow to achieve what we would like to do. 

At the moment, the main priority is B, but still, we can follow the right logical order. 

Any suggestion is highly appreciated. 

The main reason is, we don't want to undo (affect) the job which has already been done 

Sugar
Established Contributor

Re: Right Sequence of Kitchen Improvements

Sorry, I forgot to add another item, 

G: Kitchen Sink 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Sugar,

It sounds like you have some fantastic plans in the works and I can't wait to follow along.

The sink and cooktop will need to be installed into the new benchtop. You wouldn't want to damage that new benchtop by removing tiles above it, so I'd suggest that the tiles' removal needs to be done before the bench installation.

I would believe the best sequence would be to remove the benchtop and tiles first and have the new benchtop and splashback installed. Once the benchtop is in, you'll be able to install the stove and sink. The range hood, dishwasher and oven could be installed at any stage.

Let me mention @redracer01, @Mathy and @NickiM to see if they had a preference on what sequence would be best.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
NickiM
Budding Contributor

Hi @Sugar , these are great plans and informative pictures.

Having recently had a kitchen makeover myself, the order in which mine was conducted was as follows:

1. Upper cabinets and new range hood installed (as they lean on the bench tops to hoist up the upper cabinetry.)

2. Removal of cooktops & sink, then bench tops and backsplash.

1. Install bench tops with the cut out provisioned for the cooktop & sink
  2. Install the backsplash, as this will need to be caulked around the bench and wall. 

My oven was an under bench oven. If yours is the same, then the oven and dishwasher can happen later. If you’re (re)considering a freestanding oven with stove, then the bench top will have to be cut to measure the size of the oven. 

Ideally, your range hood and stove top are the same size. 

Enjoy your renovation. Look forward to seeing your new kitchen.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Many thanks for sharing your practical firsthand experience @NickiM. I trust @Sugar appreciates your input.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Sugar
Established Contributor

@MitchellMc @NickiM I am very grateful for your advice. 

I am trying to organize my thoughts and questions related to what you guys have said in the previous email. I will ask them in my next comments. 

It is always good learn from you guys. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects