Workshop
Ask a question

Does Bunnings cut wood to size?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Does Bunnings cut wood to size?

Many Bunnings stores offer a timber cutting service to help you get your wood home and get started on your project.

Here are some frequently asked questions about our timber cutting service to help Bunnings Workshop members. 

What type of cuts can be done at a Bunnings store?

Bunnings stores typically have two types of saws for timber cutting.  

• Panel saw – used to cut large sheet materials into smaller rectangular sections and pieces. The machine is capable of both horizontal and vertical cuts on most of our board products. Some examples of products that can be cut using a panel saw include MelaminePlywood and MDF.   

Does this service have a cost? 

Bunnings stores may charge a small fee for timber cutting. The price is:

• Timber docking - First two cuts are free, and 50 cents per additional cut

• Panels and sheeting - First cut is free and $1 per additional cut.

Is this service available at my local Bunnings?

You can check whether the timber cutting service is available at a nearby store by visiting the Bunnings website. Here’s how:  

• Mobile device - Select your nearest store and then click on your store's name on the top left of the screen. This will take you to your store's information page, including details about what services they offer

• Desktop computer - Type the nearest store's name in the change store drop-down and then click on store details. This will take you to your store's information page, including details on what services they offer.

Can I bring my own piece of timber to be cut?

Due to the many variables associated with timber products, we can only cut products purchased from our stores.

When is the best time to visit a store for timber cutting?

Visiting at a quieter time will ensure faster service. It's best to avoid weekends and public holidays as many other D.I.Y. enthusiasts will also be looking to build their own projects.

What if I want to do the cutting at home?

Knowing what saw to use and how to use it is the key to success. Here are some useful guides to get you started: 

What if I can't get my timber home? 

We offer a number of options to get your products home safely. You can use our free courtesy trailer for up to two hours. If you need more time you can also hire a trailer, a ute or a van to suit your needs. We also offer a comprehensive delivery service to assist you in getting your purchases home. Most stores offer same day or next day service. Please contact your nearest store for details.

Please feel free to let me know if you have further questions about our helpful timber cutting service.

Mitchell

Timber (002).jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Letisia22
Just Starting Out

Can I get an old plywood sheet cut in store?

Hey!

I bought a plywood sheet from Boxhill Bunnings in 2019.

I got it cut in store to the size of a King Single mattress to lay over the uneven slats. I now would like to cut it to a smaller size of 156cm x 86.5cm.

Just wondering if the store would resize the plywood sheet once again. I don't have any receipt or proof of purchase since it's an old purchase.

What can be done in such case? Does the store do it for an additional charge at all?

Thanks

Letisia

Re: Can I get an old plywood sheet cut in store?

Hi @Letisia22,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and we look forward to reading about all your projects for around the home and garden.

Let me tag the ever-helpful @EricL who I'm sure will be happy to assist when he is back on the site tomorrow. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have a project to share. We're here to help.

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can I get an old plywood sheet cut in store?

Hello @Letisia22

Thank you for sharing your question about cutting your plywood sheet.

Yes, Bunnings will cut timber and you are correct that proof of purchase is necessary to prove that you bought the timber from the store. Let me reach out to you via Private Messaging so that I can provide you with some assistance.

Eric  

GrandmaLizzie
Just Starting Out

Re: Does Bunnings cut wood to size?

Hi,

I wanting to make a 1m diameter Lazy Susan.

Can I get timber cut for this at Paget Mackay Bunnings.

thanks Liz

Hi .@Newbie

I'm not sure if they would cut a 1m diameter Lazy Susan, Bunnings could cut the lengths of timber you require, then you will need to join them together and then cut the 1m circle with a jigsaw, leaving enough material for finishing off to size with a router, using a circle cutter jig ( see image below),maybe .@EricL can answer your request, however, I found this at Bunnings, it's not 1m dia.

JoeAzza_0-1627777328072.png

Circle cutting jig - see You tube for Diy jigs

JoeAzza_1-1627777658272.png

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you @GrandmaLizzie but great to see you got a very helpful response from @JoeAzza. This is the product he mentioned: SpecRite 400 x 26mm Merbau Round FJ Panel

I'm sure @EricL will be happy to assist with his thoughts as soon as possible.  

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're thrilled to have you join us and look forward to seeing your lazy susan project come together.

Jason

KathyC
Finding My Feet

How to cut Easycraft panels?

Hello there! I am wondering if Bunnings Tuggerah can cut easycraft panels? I am hoping to buy 2400mm high panels and get them cut in  half to make them 1200mm high - unless I can buy 1200mm high panels?! I have had a lot of trouble figuring out what panel sizes are actually available. I am wanting to put the panels as a half wall in a walkway, not as a full wall, but I need to cover over a height of 1030mm so the 900mm half wall panels unfortunately won't work for the space.

Many thanks in advance!

Kathy

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @GrandmaLizzie

Thank you so much for sharing your question about making a Lazy Susan.

My apologies for the late reply. It's great that you've received fantastic advice from @JoeAzza. Making a Lazy Susan is a fantastic project. Bunnings does cut timber, the machines at the store are set up for straight cuts only. If you want them to cut the material for you, they will only be able to cut it as a square. I'm so sorry but the store is not set up to cut in any other manner. 

However, there are various tools you can use to cut it yourself. The Ozito 680W Pendulum Jigsaw With 3 Blades can be used to cut circular shapes. The Ozito 850W Router is another option. There are many online guides that show you how to use these tools to cut a perfect circle. However, if you feel that it is beyond your current abilities, I suggest engaging the services of a handyman to cut the shape for you. Please keep us updated, we are keen to see your Lazy Susan assembled and ready for use.

Let me tag our experienced member @TedBear for his recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: cutting easycraft panels

Hello @KathyC

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about cutting Easycraft Panels.

The quick answer is yes, they will cut the panels for you. It can be confusing at times, I recommend bringing your tape measure with you when it's time to choose your panels. If you need it at a height of only 1030mm you will need to use the Easycraft EasyVJ 2420 x 1200 x 9mm Primed Interior Wall Lining. If you are planning on installing some EasyVJ Panels, please keep us updated. We would love to see what your remodeling project looks like.

If you need more advice or information please let us know.

Eric

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @GrandmaLizzie I can only support the advice given already. If you are cutting the circle yourself without great equipment, it would be wise to cut it a few mm larger and bring it back to the line with a rasp, file and finally sanding. That way you can account for any irregularities in an imperfect circle.  Maybe practice in some scrap timber first to see how well you go at cutting a circle. If you get the technique right, you can then cut the final piece to correct size.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects