Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill the holes and gouge in my door?

vica
Having an Impact

How to fill the holes and gouge in my door?

Hi, mates.Good morning!

The handle of my bedroom (image1) is out of work. I removed the old handle and now there are two holes in the door( image2)

Second problem ,the flush pull of new handle is 7mm length,but the old is 12mm, much bigger than new one. (Image3)The old handle also left a gouge in the door.( image 4)I need your guild to fill these holes and gouge before I install a new handle.The thickness of the door is 40mm. Thank you so much!

vica

612121FE-6CE8-4111-94BE-2685FE238AD3.jpeg

CE14CBBC-4EA8-461B-B9E6-16B8F336D9D1.jpeg

0AC97153-7A96-4BB0-9E29-EBFB342795ED.jpeg

1A995D72-34B1-49F7-9481-2793C30F5486.jpeg

Re: how to fill the holes and gouge

@MitchellMc 

Thank you! My wish is installing a new handle. About the door itself ,the holes is near but not on the spot I will drill for handle.(image1) . But door frame is different It may be very very near the drill spot. And one surface is made by concrete.(imag2). How to fill it so that I can install a handle? Certainly bog is best because it can be drilled. I think detailed advises is very best. Also which handle is very important .

62BD6203-5A2C-428B-A856-CADA30BCE91B.jpeg

79A3BFF9-02A9-4BE5-953D-3CCC456C9BDB.jpeg

Vica

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

As previously mentioned by @r23on, it's best to cut timber to fit the gap on the frame @vica. The timber can be shaped to suit the area and glued into position. Any gaps around it can be filled with a suitable timber filler or bog.

Are you able to source some timber to fit this gap? As a last resort, you could fill the area with Builders Bog, but timber would be more structurally sound.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
r23on
Amassing an Audience

I can only support Mitchell comments

the best result will come from taking the time to do the task. the joys of DIY 

@MitchellMc I want to buy timber to fill it. How about N.8030736? It’s size is 120*35mm. About handle, I want Lockwood 55mm Privacy Leverset. Wish your advised. Thanks!

Vica

vica
Having an Impact

@r23on Thanks!

Vica

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That timber appears to be a close match and should be suitable @vica. You'll need to sand it down slightly to be flush with the rest of the timber.

The Lockwood 55mm Privacy Leverset would be a good selection. Did you need the ability to lock it from the outside or just from the inside?

Mitchell

@MitchellMc I can’t install handle. I want to fix door and its frame first, then ask someone to install it, 

Vica

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

You might like to take advantage of our door lock installation service then @vica. In-Home Services can be arranged in-store or processed via phone. To book a Service, please contact your nearest Bunnings store.

Mitchell

@MitchellMc That is great! I will follow your message. My door can’t close easily ,I think bunnings can also fix it which I can pay.

Vica

vica
Having an Impact

@r23on  and. @MitchellMc , Good morning ! All work of my bedroom door is finished ! I am very satisfied with it . ( image 1 ) Thank you all and have a nice day !

Vica

52782E10-E46C-459C-87AD-097188094E7E.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects