Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to find tradie to put clear plastic on my windows for winter?

araceliagcaoili
Budding Browser

How to find tradie to put clear plastic on my windows for winter?

I want to put plastic film on the walls to insulate winter cold.

20220507_123006.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to find tradie to put clear plastic on my windows for winter

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @araceliagcaoili. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Winter-proofing your home.

Word of mouth is always a great way to find reliable local tradespeople. Alternatively, you might consider using hipages, or a job like this could be suited to someone on Airtasker. Before engaging someone to do the job, make sure to research whether they are the right person for you. If you did want to give this project a go yourself, I trust our helpful members will have plenty of advice and encouragement for you.

As well as the plastic over your windows, you might like to have a read through this helpful guide: How to Winter-proof your home. There are plenty of neat minor fixes you can do yourself to prevent heat from escaping and the cold from entering your home.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to find tradie to put clear plastic on my windows for winter?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @araceliagcaoili.

I would encourage you to tackle this project for yourself. We've applied privacy film on our windows and it's very simple. You might also get confidence from what @prettyliving achieved with her D.I.Y. tinted windows project. I'm sure Jess would also encourage you to have a go as she's passionate about D.I.Y.

All the best,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prettyliving
Valued Contributor

Re: How to find tradie to put clear plastic on my windows for winter?

Thanks for the tag @Jason 

@araceliagcaoili I applied the mirrored window tint from Bunnings a couple of years ago now and it’s still perfect. It was very easy to apply and saved us a lot of money 👍🏻

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects