Workshop
Ask a question

Jigsaw puzzle table

Alx
Cultivating a Following

Jigsaw puzzle table

Jigsaw puzzle table with drawers to hold loose pieces of puzzles. Table tilts upwards to ease stretching.Jigsaw puzzle table with drawers to hold loose pieces of puzzles. Table tilts upwards to ease stretching.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Jigsaw Puzzle Table

Great idea @Alx! Many thanks for sharing your first project with the community. I'm sure our members will be inspired by your work.

A very warm welcome to Workshop. We're looking forward to seeing what you come up with next - you obviously have some great skills and creativity to share. You'll find plenty of like-minded people in the community who are sharing great advice and inspiring projects with others every day.

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
NikCronin
Finding My Feet

Hi Alex, that looks terrific. Any plans you could share?

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Welcome @NikCronin and thanks for jumping straight into this discussion. It's fantastic to have you join us.

Let me tag @Alx so they are alerted to your question. Our resident D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc may also be able to share some tips when he's back on the site on Friday to get you started on your own jigsaw puzzle table.

We'd love to hear about the projects you've got planned at your place. Feel free to hit Start a discussion whenever you need a hand. We're here to help.

Stevie

Alx
Cultivating a Following

@NikCronin 

Hi Nik

sorry no plans, just winged it.

Hi @NikCronin,

Let us know what your needs are for the table and I'm sure one of our amazing community members would be happy to give you a hand designing something. We're here to help. Perhaps you might start with the dimensions of the tabletop you need and how much storage you need?

Jason

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Alx 

A warm welcome to Bunnings Workshop! That is an ingenious way of setting the pieces out. My wife loves doing puzzles and it is always a chore to put the remaining pieces away and having to re figure where the remaining goes again the following day. Using the drawer systems you can easily tuck them away and carry on from where you left the following day without having to re-figure things out. I'm sure our community members will be inspired by this idea, specially those that love to do jigsaw puzzles. Thank you for sharing this diy project and we look forward to your future projects here on workshop.

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hi @NikCronin,

I've put together this graphic to give you a basic idea of how something like this could go together. Obviously, sizing and materials will vary widely depending on what size of puzzle table you'd like to build.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the construction.

Mitchell

Puzzlebox.gif

That’s fantastic, thanks

Alx
Cultivating a Following

Hi Mitchell 

Thats exactly how I made it. Great minds think alike, fools seldom differ. I added to swivel legs at the back to tilt the table at an angle. Raised the back (as you look at the table) about 40-50mm. I added a wire frame (old coat hanger) as per the picture to make it easy to see the jigsaw picture. Drilled a couple of holes on the swivel legs to accommodate the wire. Drawer pulls are plastic golf tees.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects