Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Running wires inside the house

Sugar
Having an Impact

Running wires inside the house

Hi guys, 

My apologies if this is a completely unrelated and stupid question. 

I am wanting to put some speakers in different rooms and lounge areas coming through an AV receiver. I am wondering if there is anything or anyways I can run wires on the wall neatly.

At the moment, I am not really willing to run wires behind the plasterboard. 

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. 

Re: Running wires inside the house

If you're running cables some distance, you might look at using something like this..

https://www.4cabling.com.au/cable-management/cable-covers-ducting/cable-ducting-4m-lengths.html

You can attach the ducting to the skirting boards with double sided tape, which puts the cabling completely out of sight..

Hi all, 

My apologies that I did not give enough information in the first place. I own this property. 

I really want to thank @MitchellMc @MikeTNZ @redracer01 @consoletable @wooshka  for your knowledge and experience. DETA can solve my problem and I have used this thing in my office. It is just for one or two speakers which are branching from living room from the AV receiver. I, also, completely understand that running exposed wires are not safe and do not follow the electrical standard. However, this is DC voltage from AV receiver ( max. 12V/15V) so I might get away with this because I do not have any kids also.

In conclusion: I am getting wireless speakers and do not really want to stress hazards, safety, drilling holes, and color coming off, etc. I really appreciate the advice  🙏.  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Sugar,

It's great to hear you've received some helpful advice from members. One fantastic aspect of our community is the wealth of knowledge, including many differing opinions and solutions which are shared openly. I like that you have decided to go with wireless speakers as it resolves all the issues with running the cables.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects