Workshop
Ask a question

How to update mirrored wardrobe sliding doors?

maree_w
Just Starting Out

How to update mirrored wardrobe sliding doors?

Looking for ideas and suggestions on how to update some mirror wardrobe doors (which O loathe) in bedroom that is now being converted into a den. Appreciate all the advantages of mirrors to expand a space, but just don't like them. At the same time, we also need to keep the wardrobe space and I am keen to avoid cost of wholly replacing them

So far, main options I've found:

- Wallpaper

- Window film

- Paint (leaving trim untouched)

But, some of examples I can find of wallpapering are hit and miss (some better than others and not sure how well paint would wear over timr and risk of chipping.

Interested to hear what others have done or possible ideas.

Thank you!

20200618_124011.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Updating mirror wardrobe sliding doors

Hi @maree_w,

My wife and I had mirrored wardrobes in our first house. We were also not a big fan of the look. Even less so when my young son cracked the glass while swinging a magnetic fishing pole around his head while playing (a little too exerberantly) one day. 

My suggestion would be to consider the Dulux Renovation Range. You can use this product to transform kitchen splashbacks so I would think it would be suitable for a mirrored wardrobe, but it might be worth giving the Dulux team a call on 13 25 25 to make sure. 

Let me also tag some wonderfully helpful members in @ProjectPete, @Mathy@Tara86 and @Peggers to see if they might like to share their thoughts with you. 

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust that you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our amazing members. Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects