Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ute bookshelf

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Ute bookshelf

0D9B8746-C73F-4F41-9E1C-EDF426EDB19F.jpeg

7B5C2193-E318-43EF-BE9A-0AF93488C62A.jpeg

4C9BFEA8-2CC6-46C1-89FD-A6348CEB8AB4.jpeg

This past week I’ve been working on a ‘ute’ bookshelf for my son. I used pine boards from Bunnings which I stained with black paint and water. For the door I used grey paint & water, like a wash effect with a rag. The lights are also from Bunnings, everything was from Bunnings. :smile:

Took me about a week to make :smile:

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: Ute bookshelf

@delta 

Awesome! It was a fun project and your kid will love it 😁 Make sure you put some pics up and show us 🤗 

AndreaNg
Having an Impact

Great idea.

@AndreaNg Thank you 😊

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Feature wall

I made a feature wall a few weeks back to compliment my sons ute bookshelf I made, so I thought I’d share 😊 

I wanted dark but not black so I went with a charcoal grey. I also put up some wood to ‘wrap’ around the ute so that it didn’t look like ute was just floating randomly in the middle of the wall, and I painted it the same colour to keep it subtle and not take away too much from

the car. And then I put a couple hooks on it for his hats etc. I’m really happy with how it turned out, especially how it looks at night now with the car lights on 🤩

44BDD19D-DD26-41B5-80EC-50860A6EEC42.jpeg

6F2BF329-6956-4FDD-965E-117A3EA2C408.jpeg

50867F74-084D-4E9A-B59B-C170CBA287DE.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Feature wall

Looks so good @prettyliving, many thanks for the update. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
smiley23
Getting Established

WOW I Love this Well Done on a Great Design One Little Man Very Happy in his Room 😁

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @smiley23. I'm sure @prettyliving really appreciates all the positive feedback she has received about this very popular project. Perhaps you might like to build something similar? Let us know if you need a hand with anything.

Welcome to the community.

Jason

@smiley23 Thank you 😊 He sure does love it 😁

MelMc
Finding My Feet

Well done! Looks amazing! 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for joining in the discussion @MelMc. We're rapt to have you join the community and look forward to reading all about your own projects and plans. I'm sure you'll find there's plenty of inspiration on the site from our wonderful members.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects