Workshop
Ask a question

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Building matters

Brilliant to have you join us @Chris1947.

We look forward to you joining in the discussions and sharing your experience and knowledge. It sounds as though you have a lot to contribute. 

Please reach out anytime if you need a hand getting the most from the site, or let me know if you have any feedback about how we can improve the site. 

Thanks again,

Jason

Re: Building matters

@Chris1947

Welcome Chris to the community.

I'm sure your expertise will be greatly appreciated with the members.

I recently went though a Certificate of Occupancy and I can say I would have loved to have had your input, as there have been some grey areas in relation to our indoor pool but I contacted the Victorian Builders Assc. and got the answers I needed as our building inspector was misinformed about some of the regulations which could have meant costly and completely unnecessary changes.

I hope other members take advantage of your kind offer to assist them in future projects.

Cheers,

Barbara

LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Appreciation Post

A day before I went in for major back surgery I had received a parcel in the mail. A card wishing me all the best from

Jason and the workshop community and attached with some gifts that I will cherish for ever. Leading up to the Surgery my mind was in all directions, will this all go to plan? Has the surgeon made the right decision? Have I made the right decision? I’m 29 I shouldn’t be anywhere near close to back surgery. But this is life and it must go on, it’s the little things in life that can make some one else so much more worthily and being apart of the workshop community I feel just that.

I am 10 weeks Post surgery and I am outside slowly starting on my first project. Thanks everyone for the kind messages. Here is me drugged up with my Bunnings Bear haha @Jason

Before...Before...

After...After...

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Appreciation Post

It's fantastic to have you as part of the Workshop community @LePallet. We are so pleased that you are on the road to recovery and are very much looking forward to seeing the results of you getting back on the tools.

Jason

dallasclark
Growing in Experience

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi all,
I'm about to buy my next house and get my hands dirty with 2 bathrooms, kitchen, fresh paint, landscaping, and possibly new flooring and a render of the bricks (pending budget). I've previously renovated but this time I will do most of the work myself.
Offer was just approved, I'm keen to get in and get started.
Dallas

Congratulations @dallasclark, that's fantastic news. What an exciting adventure awaits! And it's obviously a great time to join the Workshop community. I'm sure you'll get lots of great inspiration and advice along the way during your reno works.

Perhaps you'd like to click the Start a discussion button and share your plans for the house? We have some experienced renovators in the community that might like to share their wisdom. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can make Workshop even more useful for you and your projects.

Welcome, and thanks for joining us.

Jason

G'day all. I am a Mandurah based wheelchair bound gardener and Bunnings fan as well as the Admin for AusGardenForum.com. I hope to be able to contribute to and learn from the Workshop Community especially the gardening sections as my workshop is virtually a thing of the past now.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @Arismac, fantastic to have you join us. It sounds like you have a lot of gardening experience and knowledge to share. We look forward to you joining in all the discussions and sharing your projects. Feel free to hit the Start a discussion button anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Many thanks for introducing yourself, and please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the Workshop site.

Jason

@dallasclark,

Love how people just starting a reno are all excited but don't always finish off feeling the same way ha-ha

Your projects sound great and I look forward to seeing some before and after photo's.

One thing dfifferent about doing the reno's yourself is it's very rewarding I think, not to mention the savings are huge.

Hubby and I didn't reno but built our home from scratch and I hate to think what it would have cost if we had employed a builder.

Best of luck.

Cheers,

Barbara

@Arismac

Welcome to the community.

I'm looking forward to your contributions.

You mentioned wheelchair bound, I for one would love to hear your prospectives on making homes and gardens more accessible to a wheelchair?

Hubby and I built our new home in what we loosly call an "invalid friendly" manner, in other words we have tried to consider the important things necessary for wheelchair access but your insight would be invaluable, especially for outdoors?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Barbara

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects