Workshop
Ask a question

Backyard makeover

lifestylebymari
Making a Splash

Backyard makeover

Hello everyone, 

When I moved into this house the backyard needed some real love and with time we started fixing the backyard to be more practical and enjoyable. The first thing done was creating a panel to cover the aircon unit on one side, followed by a vertical panel to cover up an old fence on the other side. 

Both these panels were done with Pine Fence Palings, making it super affordable and giving it a more relaxed look. The Pine Fence Palings are really handy because can cut them as preferred and after good sand, they are ready to be either stained or painted as I did here. 

And finally, created a built-in bench with a dog bed on one side and storage on the other with the Merbau Decking and can confirm my puppy loves it :smile: 

After: 

IMG_5147.jpeg IMG_5149.jpeg

Before: 

IMG_7144.jpeg Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 11.03.46 pm.png IMG_4916.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Backyard Makeover

That looks amazing @lifestylebymari! So much more inviting than what you started with.

I'd be keen to learn more about your bench with a built-in doggie bed. Got any pictures of the inside? Those tiles are a real winner too.

You've done a fantastic job, and many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects