Workshop
Ask a question

How to choose a new screen door?

kalradeepak
Growing in Experience

How to choose a new screen door?

Good Morning Everyone

I am looking to buy new screen door but bit confused with dimension. On the bunnings site most doors are available with dimension  203 cm X 81 cm) but my door size is 203 cm X 79 cm (without lock) and 203 cm X 80 cm (with lock). Please see attached image so I am not sure if it will fit or not?

door.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Buy New Screen Door

Hi @kalradeepak,

790mm is quite a small width for a screen or security door. If you could provide some information on the style of screen door you are looking for, I can investigate any suitable options. Please add the link to the style you are after.

Many thanks.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @MitchellMc 

Please see attached images for the current door

door2.jpgdoor.jpg

Looking to buy something similar like this

https://www.bunnings.com.au/protector-aluminium-813-x-2032mm-white-metric-fixed-barrier-door_p203693...

Hi @kalradeepak,

Please allow me until after the weekend, and I'll call a few suppliers to see what we can get for you.

Mitchell

Hi @kalradeepak,

I've done some investigating, and it seems the width of your door still falls slightly short of even the adjustable Protector Aluminium 808-848 x 2030-2070mm White Adjustable Security Door. The 18mm difference would be too large to fit this or any of our doors stocked in-store.

Our supplier Cowdroy offers a custom made service on screen doors, and the Birchgrove seems to be the closest match style-wise. If you see one of the helpful team members at your local store's Special Order desk, they'll be happy to assist you in filling out the details of your required size and placing your order.

Please let me know if you have questions or need assistance with this process.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects