Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Deep cracked sloping driveway

prestidge2
Just Starting Out

Deep cracked sloping driveway

Hello , Hoping all customers are well, My task at the moment is a deep cracked

sloping driveway , my driveway is on a sloping block running from footpath down

to car port , the crack starts at the top  3cm wide & 2.5cm deep , tapering down

to 1cm wide &  1.5cm deep    8 to 10  metre  length  driveway , with cracks

going across every 2metres ,  these cracks are not zic zac , that are straight line

going down  & across ,   It needs  a  new driveway  no money available

Any good ideas , would be most rewarded in kind 

Thank you  from The Phantom

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: The Phantom

Hi prestidge2
I'm no expert, but it seems to me that whoever laid your driveway, didn't install any metal reinforcement, which on a sloping block, would by my reckonig be essential.
I can't see any way to properly fix the problem cheaply, & all I can suggest is cosmetic, try massaging a sloppy mix of cement into the cracks, & finish it off by running a wire brush over the fill to make less visible.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: The Phantom

Hi @prestidge2,

Welcome to Workshop. I hope you find plenty of good ideas, information and advice here. Thanks for joining the community and making your first post.

Sorry to read about your driveway. Hopefully some Workshop members will have some suggestions for you. Thanks to @Andy_Mann for his input.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Deep cracked sloping driveway

@prestidge2,

Just wanted to let you know that I've edited the title of your post to make it easier to find for community members who might have experience they can offer with your cracked driveway. 

Good luck,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects