Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Gutter design with a difference

trevor_s
Finding My Feet

Gutter design with a difference

Hi all,

I need help. The guttering on the house that I live in now was poorly designed as the surrounding trees drop their leaves and  flowers on the decking consistantly during the day. Is There any way to fix the problem as I have included 2 photograhs of the problem areas. I want the area to be covered but to allow the rain water to still get into the guttering.  Is there guttering wide enough to handle both sides of the gapped area. Between the two edges of guttering is 120mm.

I have been told so far is to dismantle the lot and start again but that is a little out of the budget. Any suggestions would be greatfully received..

guttering with a differenceguttering with a differencenice gap..nice gap..

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Gutter design with a difference

Sorry @trevor_s, could you please clarify the problem you are trying to address?

Are you having any drainage issues? Or are you just trying to avoid leaf litter making its way into the gutters? 

Thanks, I'm sure members will have some suggestions for you once you have come back to us. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

The gap is between the back of the house and the carport. If the carport was moved about 250 mm closer to the house then the problem would have been solved by a continuous roof line and only one gutter. This would allow rain to drain from the roof into the guttering.

The sticks and flower heads would also be removed from the problem situation. At present the area under the gap is not usable because its constantly wet and slippery during and after rain, and is alway messy from dropped leaves and sticks. The gum leaves are starting to stain the decking.

Hope that clarifies my problem.

Thank you,

Trevor

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @trevor_s,

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you. Let me tag a few of our very helpful members for you such as @LePallet@MitchellM@redracer01@JasonD and @ProjectPete who might be able to suggest some next steps.

Thanks for your patience,

Jason      

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects