Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I fix a hole in my eave?

keeta
Just Starting Out

How do I fix a hole in my eave?

I’ve had a downpipe removed. Just wondering if it’s worth attempting to fix myself. How difficult is it? I’m a novice at repairing. Thanks. 

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I fix a hole in my eave?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @keeta. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing your eave lining.

Have you repaired any holes in plasterboard walls before? You could employ a similar technique, except it will be slightly more challenging as it's on the roof. You might find the easiest option is to replace that sheet of eave lining entirely. That would save the hassle of having to patch the hole.

Depending on the size of the hole, you could use a Builders Edge 150 x 150mm Aluminium Plasterboard Hole Patch and cement filler.

It you're not confident in repairing the hole, it might be worth getting a couple of quotes to judge the cost. Replacement of the sheet would likely take a professional 40min and not cost an extravagant amount.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell! 

I called into Bunnings and one of the lovely staff helped me locate everything I needed.  Didn’t take long to fix. It was surprisingly easy with the patch. 

Kelly 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Well done @keeta, not only did you save money but you also have the satisfaction of having done it yourself. 

Looking forward to seeing what project you tackle next. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with anything around the house or garden.

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @keeta

It's great to hear that you've managed to successfully repair the damage in your eave. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the section you just repaired? I'm sure our members will appreciate any information you can share.

We look forward to seeing your next D.I.Y. project.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects