Workshop
Ask a question

How do I remove tiles on external verandah?

Arch3
Getting Established

How do I remove tiles on external verandah?

Hi,

Not sure if anyone can help but all advice greatfully accepted. How do I lift/remove terracotta tiles of what I think is blue board/cement sheeting on an upstairs external small verandah.  Will the timber frame be affected ??

20210128_122433.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I remove tiles external verandah

Hi @Arch3,

I've spoken to Crommelin technical to find out the correct method of applying a secondary membrane. I'd suggest you use Crommelin 15L PRO-300 WP Balcony and Deck Waterproof Membrane.

As @Mathy mentioned, cleaning that surface down would be the first step. I would then recommend you give the existing membrane a sanding to scuff up the surface with a medium 120 grit sandpaper.

You'll need to do a test section to determine if the new membrane is compatible with the old. Apply a 50mm x 50mm test section and wait for it to dry. Take some sticky tape and run it from the old membrane across the new and onto the old membrane. Rip the tape back off. If the test section pulls off on the tape, you must prime the old membrane first. Crommelin 2L Dampstop would be the correct primer to use.

You'll then be able to use a tile adhesive similar to the Dunlop 5kg Trade Resaflex Tile Adhesive @redracer01 mentioned.

Please let me know if you need further help or had questions. I'll be looking forward to seeing your results.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Arch3
Getting Established

Re: How do I remove tiles external verandah

Thanks @MitchellMc and @Mathy will proceed per your advice. Stay tuned.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects