Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i convert an existing color bond gate into a larger one using the existing pieces?

redking
Getting Established

How do i convert an existing color bond gate into a larger one using the existing pieces?

I have a small external gate that i would like to convert to a double panel gate, what do i need to purchase, trying to utilize the existing material.Single small gateSingle small gate 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do i convert an existing color bond gate into a larger one using the existing pieces?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @redking. It's fantastic that you've joined us and many thanks for your question.

I'd suggest you take a look at our gate frames available in-store. Once you make up the correct sized frame, you can cut the existing Colorbond panels and pop-rivet them to it. It looks like the panel to the left would be a perfect candidate for that.

You can have gates made up for you, but it would be great to utilize the available panels as you suggested.

Please let me know if you have questions or need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects