Workshop
Ask a question

How do i make something like this low table?

martaaa
Just Starting Out

How do i make something like this low table?

Hi guys, hope all is well. I’m a newbie with 0 experience. I’d like to make something like this. I know Bunnings had bench tops already but will need help with the legs and what tools are needed. Thank you 

04788B2C-4CB9-4C37-AF41-C7F5A4332B4A.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do i make something like this?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @martaaa. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

These trestle legs would be one of the more simple designs to support a laminated panel. The legs can be made from 42 x 19mm Tasmanian Oak joined together at the top with Notchka 25 x 19 x1.6mm Brass Hinge Butt to make an A-frame. There are then two central supports to join the two A-frames. A sisal rope runs between the two central supports to stop the legs from spreading apart.

I would suggest a simple method would be to cut eight lengths at your required height with a hand saw. Then cut four central supports at your required width. Lay two leg sections parallel to each other and screw the central support between them with Zenith 8G x 38mm Solid Brass Countersunk Head Wood Screws making an H shape. You can then use the hinges to join the legs together. You'll need to place a hole with a Sutton Tools 7mm High Speed Steel Viper Metric Drill Bit in the center supports and tie a length of rope through the holes

I've created some renderings below that will hopefully give you a better look at how the legs are constructed.

Please let me know if you need further information or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects