Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install privacy screen for balcony?

jp2
Just Starting Out

How to install privacy screen for balcony?

Hey guys,

I have to install a privacy screen on one side of my balcony as per council requirement. The dimensions of the space requiring privacy screen are 170cm height and 114cm width. Would prefer aluminium slats to be used for the screen. Is it something that I can do myself or would require an expert installer? Any advise and suggestions please. 

balcony_privacy_screen.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Privacy screen for balcony

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jp2. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about installing a privacy screen for your balcony.

If you are after aluminium slat fencing a good example would be Protector Aluminium 900 x 1750mm Black Easy Screen Welded Slat Panel. It can be ordered in a louvre configuration and can be custom ordered to size. However, before you make any purchase, I suggest checking with the local council in your area and seeing what are the approved screening requirements for materials and mounting.

Installation could also fall under council rules. If it needs to be signed off by a professional installer or builder you will not be able to do it as a D.I.Y. project. If the house is still new, perhaps you can discuss the matter with your builder.

Let me tag our experienced members @JoeAzza and @tom_builds for their recommendations.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your privacy screen installed on your balcony.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Privacy screen for balcony

Hi @jp2  if this is a new house,, check with your builder, they should have built the house to council regulations. also I think you might need something that you cannot see through to the neighbor's yard.

JoeAzza_0-1636499234730.png

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects