Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to resurface concrete steps?

JennyM
Finding My Feet

How to resurface concrete steps?

We have a short concrete path and a couple of steps that need to be replaced or thinking to maybe re surface them.  They are quite pitted in places.  would like to know if there is any product for DIY?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: resurface concrete

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JennyM. It's amazing that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question about re-surfacing concrete.

You might like to post some images of the pitting so our helpful members have a better idea of what you're working with and how they might assist.

We have the Dunlop 10kg Concrete Resurfacer Mortar which is perfect for refreshing old concrete and is a D.I.Y. product. It's used over the existing concrete to produce a new wear layer and will fill in your pitted surface. You can then use Dunlop 3.8L Concrete Resurfacer Sealer to protect and enhance the surface.

We look forward to seeing some images of the concrete path. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JennyM
Finding My Feet

Re: How to resurface concrete steps?

Thank you for this information, I think I will give it a go.  I will also post some pics for any more helpful hints/comments first

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects