Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Inflatable pool with decking

stelz
Making a Splash

Inflatable pool with decking

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is keeping well. 

Any one else felt summer was short lived?

My husband really wanted a swimming pool, an in- ground pool  was not an option for us. My husband bought an Intex Metal Frame Rectangular splash pool and during the first week of January, we stated building the decking around the pool. Completely w within week. We enjoyed the pool during the hot summer. 

It took  a few month before we stain it- we used cabot's deck & exterior stain water based in jarrah.

Just two week ago, I made the planter box around it. 

The pool is officially completed.. Finger cross there is a few summer days to enjoy before we drain the water, until next summer.

It was a very fun project and it has dramatically transformed the look of our backyard ..Loving it 

PXL_20210101_045626351.jpgPXL_20210101_061015392.MP.jpgPXL_20210105_091516833.jpgPXL_20210304_052040067.jpgPXL_20210306_073121009.MP.jpgPXL_20210210_053116073.jpegPXL_20210319_032234660.jpg5.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Inflatable pool with decking

Hello @Ghola181

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining the conversation. 

It's a fantastic idea to put up a timber surround to cover your above-ground pool. Let me tag @stelz to make them aware of your kind words and question. I suggest checking with your local council and seeing what the rules and regulations are for above-ground pools. Here in Queensland, all pools are required to have a compliant barrier and gate to prevent access to the pool by young children. I suggest checking the rules in your area first before purchasing the pool.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Michelle21. It's great to have you join us.

Let me tag @stelz to make them aware of your kind words. Are you thinking of setting up your own above-ground pool? If you have any questions about this project, please don't hesitate to post them. Our members would be more than happy to provide advice and information.

Eric

aksmith
Finding My Feet

Ok,

I have one question how do you clean the pool and are you using pool salt as there is no filter on this.

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

What a awesome idea!  It also looks great well done :smile:

BX
Just Starting Out

I am wondering the same. ;- ) 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @aksmith. Thank you for joining the discussion and sharing your query about how is the pool maintained without a pump. 

It's possible to maintain a pool with Pool Salt and Pool Chemicals, but you wouldn't be able to do it indefinitely. Let me tag @stelz to make them aware of your question. One option is to use a portable pool pump. These pumps are designed to be used for these kinds of applications. When combined with the salt and chemicals it should prove to be an efficient method of keeping the pool clean.

Are you thinking about setting up an above-ground pool? Please make sure to check with your local council on rules and regulations before setting up an above-ground pool. If you decide to go ahead with it, any updates you can provide would be much appreciated.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @BX

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining the discussion.

It is a bit intriguing and I am wondering how they are maintaining the pool. On closer inspection of the photos, there is a small black disc on the left-hand side of the pool. But it is difficult to tell if it is a pool filter outlet. Unfortunately, it's the only side we didn't get a photo of. I've tagged stelz earlier on, I'm sure they'll be able to answer this question about their pool. If you have any other questions about this project, please don't hesitate to post them. Our members would be more than happy to provide you with advice and information.

Eric

Thanks very much and no I have learnt the hard way the best thing for me to do with big projects is to pick up the phone and get someone that knows what they're doing

@Ghola181  thank you!

The law in NSW states any dept greater than 300mm requires a childproof fence.  So we will be putting up a fence around it. Just check without your state law, especially if you have kid using the pool. 

Hi @aksmith,

The same cleaning procedure applies as you will with a normal pool. We purchased a filter pump and cleaning solutions. Hope that helps 

See picture

Screenshot_20211201-202639.png

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects