Workshop
Ask a question

Is there an anti-slip application for tiles?

BScillio
Just Starting Out

Is there an anti-slip application for tiles?

A decade or two ago, I used a clear-coat (boating/marine) lacquer/sealant mixed with ultra fine grain sand (3to1 mix ratio),painting it in two coats once every two years ,allowing dry/cure time . To solve dangerous  issue of wet porch tiles being slippery after winter night rains. I'm acutely aware slips,trips & falls are leading causes for house &rent dwellers to be rushed to E.R depts with leg n hip injuries or fatal head injuries.. Is there a product ready mixed solution available at bunnings.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Is there an Anti/slip-resistance application for front porch tiles,afta rain slips.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @BScillio. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

There are a few products that I could recommend to reduce the chances of slipping on glazed exterior tiles. 

There is the product CPC 200ml Surfacer Slip Grip which is a treatment that etches the glazed surface imparting a safe 'grip'. CPC also has a coating product Slip Grip 4L available through the special orders desk at your local store.

DTA has a product called Miracle 511 Anti-slip which is also available through the special orders desk at your local store. This product is a coating which reduces the chance of slipping when water is in contact with it.

Let me also mention the talented @Yorky88 and @Brad to see if they have had any experience with anti-slip products on exterior tiles or paving.

Please let me know if you need further information about these products or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects