Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Looking for help to Mosaic the top of little stands

Junior Contributor

Looking for help to Mosaic the top of little stands

Heya, I'm a first time poster so go easy on me :wink: :hysterical: Anyways, I've got these 2 little side stand thingos and I'm going to buy these Mosaic tiles from Bunnings   I'm pretty clueless on how best to do it though as I've never mosaic'd anything in my life... 

They'll just be under the new entertainment area and I'm going with those colours to create a pattern that goes with the blue cushions I have from Bunnings. So don't need it to be fully weather proof. Could I stick them onto a little piece of MDF cut to size?

I'll go have some quality time with a Bunnings store soon for more inspo, but it's an hours drive to a decent one so I kind of need a whole spare day haha. IMG_4542.JPGThanks in advance for any tips or ideas! 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Looking for help to Mosaic the top of little stands

Hi again @Shelby,

To kick off the discussion, let me tag a couple of Workshop members who are passionate about creating mosaic pieces but haven't been on the site for a while - @CharlieG and @Mammasalt. Hopefully they can provide some advice for you on getting started with your project. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Established Contributor

SEALER!!! Seal it all!!! But it sounds like your in the right track. If your using the little glass tiles just use a clear wood to glass glue on MDF but seal it, sea the wood, seal your mosaic once your done

View solution in original post

Junior Contributor

Thanks so much @Mammasalt I appreciate your advice! I'll add that to the list and get shopping soon I hope!! It should be fun!! 

Established Contributor

How is your project going?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects