Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Naked Pool System - feedback sought

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Naked Pool System - feedback sought

Hi peeps - just came across this Naked Pool System which means freshwater swimming :grin:

Just wondering if anyone has an experience/feedback on this system before I get too excited about getting one and ridding my skin of harsh chemicals.

TIA

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
PoolAideMosman
Just Starting Out

Re: Naked Pool System - feedback sought

It’s not quite a direct comparison between the Naked System and a traditional chlorinator. Whilst the Naked system does contain a chlorinator, it’s a low salt chlorinator, which requires only approx 1000ppm of salt (instead of 4-6000ppm). This makes a big difference when replacing salt due to water loss, and also in terms of erosion to any sandstone pool surrounds. (It’s a lower salt level than where many liquid chlorine pools end up). Plus when comparing you should add in the price of a good quality ioniser, which is also contained in the Naked system.

Re: Naked Pool System - feedback sought

Hello @PoolAideMosman

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your knowledge about the Naked Pool System.

Let me tag @ProjectPete to make him aware of your information. I suspect that he has installed a system in his pool already. It sounds like you've got a lot of knowledge about the Naked Pool System. Do you have one installed in your pool? I've only maintained traditional chlorinators which use up a fair bit of salt. What do you think is the best feature of the Naked Pool System is? I know it's a lot of questions, but I'm sure our members who are planning on installing a system in their pool are keen to know more about the Naked Pool System.

Again, thank you for sharing your knowledge about the Naked Pool system.

Eric 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects