Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor Kitchen

John1
Having an Impact

Outdoor Kitchen

Have a small kitchen indoors as we live in Queensland and would really like to spend more time outside under the patio which is a descend size square meters. It isn't enclosed but thinking about using clear blinds. Would really like to hear from the normal everyday do it yourselfer and not the deep pocket champagne type. so please give me your ideas and if possible photos so I can see your creation.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

@John1

Right on mate, stuff the champagners, I'm think'n:

https://www.anbg.gov.au/gardens/education/programs/pdfs/aboriginal-cooking-techniques-2006.pdf

Two zones for sure, one for sheilas & kids in the pad locked front yard, the backyard to be complete with a skip of grog on ice for the blokes.

Enjoy.

NB, I'm not knock'n yah, I'm on your side.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @John1,

I see you made a few blank posts. Are you having trouble using the site? I'm always happy to assist. Please let me know what you're struggling with and I'll be pleased to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
John1
Having an Impact

Jason I am not sure whats happening. The site sometimes not always seems to have a mind of its own. I would write out a Post and I always reread the post several times to make sure it sounds right as I have a problem with communicating. So I am not sure whether it is a site situation or a complete ballsup on my behalf. It has happened again and this time my wife seen what I was tying to put into words actual happen. 

I finish the Post after I am happy that it sounds OK. never perfect but I am happy with OK. and I press Post and when I read it onsite it leaves out words that I have had to put in to make it sound right [before I have pressed Post]. Other times it will for no reason send me back to the email that I usually use to open the site. Scary hey!

This is the second time I have written this reply as it just vanished after jumping to other areas on this site. I'm glad Pam was here as I like Wayne suffer from Sever Depression with acute Anxiety.

I really enjoy this site as like everyone else am a keen DIY'er and I get some fantastic ideas. So I wont give up reading this site, only stop replying or writing a discussion. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@John1

Sorry for the problems you are experiencing with posting. I can understand it must be very frustrating.

We haven't had any other users report similar issues so I suggest it might be something specific to your computer - perhaps due to malware. I will send you some questions via private message to help us investigate for you.

Jason 

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@John1

Like you, my posts take a very long time to put together, & proofread before I submit, & for the very same reason that you mentioned.

I work around it by drafting my posts using a word processor, which gives me an "On the Go" spell checker, & a full page to work in, as I struggle writing in text boxes.

Once I've finished the arduous process of getting it to make sense, I “Copy All”, & then paste it in Workshop's reply box.

Even then, it's quite common for me to have to edit my post, after seeing what I've submitted.

I hope this helps mate.

@Andy_Mann

If you ever have difficulties with the site, please don't hesitate to get in touch and the team will be more than happy to assist. 

Thanks,

Jason

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Just make sure you don't use Internet Explorer. When you copy and paste from Word, it adds a bunch of extra markup language. This extra markup causes issues in IE, and thus the page doesn't load beyond the point of where the markup starts. 

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Jason

A huge thank you Jason for the offer of help, but my difficulties apply to any site with text boxes. It's not a specific Workshop site problem, I've had this difficulty for a long time, & simply offered my work around to help John1, & perhaps others.

I'm not at all embarrassed by my (major) depression, & would've volunteered it earlier if the need arose, but I keep it in the background, until I see someone that can learn from how I've learnt to deal with it.

I'm putting it out there, if any Workshoppers are struggling with depression, I'm a very good listener, extremely positive, & it stays between us.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Kermit

Many thanks for bringing up the complications of pasting a copy of a Word document, via Internet Explorer.

I'm not a MicroSoft devotee, so I wasn't aware of what you disclosed, & delighted that you have potentially helped a much larger audience.

Thank you all. I lost faith in friends a longtime ago and refuse those who offer me friendship but boy you guys and girls are something else.
I manage my depression and only use it as a way for someone to understand Acute Anxiety.
Don't get out the violins and flowers just yet as I like rock and roll.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects