Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pallet D.I.Y. projects

kaylah_rose
Making a Splash

Pallet D.I.Y. projects

I was recently researching vertical and herb garden ideas. For myself there are two things that make or break my decision to undergo a project. 

1. Is it easy and achievable?

2. Is it low cost?

In my findings I stumbled across a pallet vertical garden, which really intrigued me. It was different, looked easy enough to complete and didn't use many materials at all.

This then got me thinking about what else pallets could be used for around the home. To my surprise there are a lot of great ideas that people find for timber pallets. I have been able to find many nifty ideas using pallets which seem like easy, low budget alternatives for all sorts of things. Here are just a few of my favourites.

pallet-vertical-garden.jpgpallet-shoe-rack.jpgpallet-storage.jpgpallet-door.jpgpallet-outdoor-lighting.jpgpallet-fire-pit.jpg

pallet-shelf.jpgpallet-garden-shelf-2.jpg

Would be really interested to know if anyone else has been inspired and used pallets for any DIY projects? Will definitely be trying some of these myself. 

Re: Pallet DIY Projects

@Jackson - this looks awesome!! Were the pallets pulled apart to make it or just joined together as is? 

I managed to pick up some pallets last night, so I look forward to sharing what I turn them into shortly. 

Back of Bunnings and similar stores is usually a good place to find pallets. Just dont take the coloured/branded ones as they get reused so you'll get done for theft :cheeky:

Otherwise just general industrial areas will usually leave them on side of road or at least in their big bins so you can nab a few from there @kaylah_rose

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

There are lots of houses in our area at the moment being built or renovated. So lots of pallets lying around and being thrown in dumpsters. I like the idea of turning them into something useful.  

JetBlack
Getting Established

Love that sliding door! I've made storage boxes and a dining table (frame and legs from pallet, top from old door) and a tv / hall stand as well. This is what that turned out like:

palletTVstand.JPG

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Looks like your photos haven't come through @JetBlack. Could you please try again? I'd be keen to see what you've made. 

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

JetBlack
Getting Established

How do I post photos here?
JetBlack
Getting Established

Thanks @Kermit I finally figured it out (helps to be on desktop haha) Picture posted in edited post above..

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to see you worked it out @JetBlack. Many thanks for sharing. I hope my private message was at least a little helpful. Please note we will be optimising the site for mobile devices - stay tuned for news soon.

In the meantime, feel free to give me a shout whenever you need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I check Gumtree out daily for free stuff or bargains and pallets are advertised for free regularly - so don't spend your hard earned dollars on them when you can get them for free.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects