Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pallet bar

Yorky88
Becoming a Leader

Pallet bar

IMG_0798.JPG

Yorky88
Becoming a Leader

My latest pallet bar

D98B1C96-82EE-4C41-97D7-2D6F692FA30D.jpeg
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: My latest Pallet bar

Hey @Yorky88,

Do you ever finish these yourself or do you always leave that up to the customer?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: My latest Pallet bar

Great question @Jason so this is one of my bars that I hire out and what I have found is that my customers prefer the rustic look over the stain/ varnished finish so generally all I do is sand it so the main surfaces are smooth and splinter free. It’s the same for most of my builds. If a customer asks for me to finish the product a certain way then I am more than happy to that that’s fine but what I have found when I give the customer a quote as to how much it will cost them for the raw product and then for the completely finished product they are generally happy to finish it themselves. 

-wce2019-
Former Community Member

Re: Another work in progress. I’d love to hear how people think I should finish this piece????

Hey @Yorky88

if you are still wondering how to finish it, maybe you could sand the top back and stain it a few different shades of brown or whateva, to make the pattern stand out.....

just som ideas

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pallet bar

Fancy building your own pallet bar?

Bunnings Workshop member @Peggers has taken inspiration from @Yorky88 and shows you how in this step-by-step guide: How to build a pallet bar

Let us know if you need a hand with your own pallet bar project. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects