Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Picket fence inserts in brick wall

MikeyT
Getting Established

Picket fence inserts in brick wall

Hi All,

We have a brick front wall similar to this (without the hedge):

MikeyT_1-1613387093583.png

I'd like to put picket fencing in the gaps. My plan is to make the fencing panels to fit the gaps, then attach them to the bricks with some sort of bracket. Any ideas for how to do this? 

TIA

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Picket fence inserts in brick wall

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @MikeyT!

I'm sure @redracer01 and @MitchellMc will have some suggestions for you. I just wanted to clarify the thickness of your brick wall and confirm that the brick is topped with cement render. It might also be useful to have some measurements so we can provide more specific advice. 

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @MikeyT 

Hello @MikeyT and welcome to workshop. Depending on the size of rails of your fence, using a standard galvanized bracket on each end should be sufficient enough to hold your picket fence in place. I suggest galvanized so that it will be ok for outdoor use and will withstand the weather. Mounting on to the bricks you can use either galvanized dynabolts or a treated screw and a brick wall insert. I've attached some sample photos below. 

Cheers,

Red

Shown as an example, please choose the size right for you!Shown as an example, please choose the size right for you!Shown as an example, please choose the right size right for you.Shown as an example, please choose the right size right for you. 

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Mikey,

I trust @redracer01 has answered your question on how the picket panel rails will be attached to your pillars.

Here's a step-by-step guide you should find useful: How To Build A Picket Fence. It might also be worth looking through our picket fence range as there are some panels you could utilise.

If you have further questions about your project, please feel free to let us know. We're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects