Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Poll: Would you prefer a pool or a spa?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: Would you prefer a pool or a spa?

The weather is finally starting to warm up across the country, leading many people to consider installing a pool. Meanwhile, those lucky enough to already own a pool are busy cleaning in readiness for the swimming season. 

But spa owners don't need to wait until the sun is shining to take a dip - they can enjoy their spa all year round.

The latest Workshop poll asks whether you prefer a pool or a spa.

Let us know by voting in the poll on the front page of Workshop, and feel free to explain your preference by replying to the discussion below.

Thanks for joining in the conversation.

Jason

Poolside.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Re: Poll: Would you prefer a pool or a spa?

@ProjectPete the spa got criticism for being really old fashioned. 

http-%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F10%2F03%2F15%2F26%2FH2-RM10-Back-Garden-Hannah--Clint26.jpg

Here's the "above ground" pools that I'm unsure about. I think I would rather in-ground so they are not so obtrusive and you get to look at the water not a wall. 

http-%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F10%2F03%2F17%2F07%2FH3-RM10-Back-Garden-Ronnie--Georgia81.jpg

http-%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F10%2F03%2F17%2F11%2FH4-RM10-Back-Garden-Sticks--wombat44.jpg

OceanicPools
Just Starting Out

Definitely prefer pools! Especially because if you get a bit tired of the look of your pool you can do a pool renovation and completely change the look of your pool and outdoor area with a new vinyl pool liner. 

Cassie
Getting Established

These anti spa posts remind me of when I was told Santa didn't exist. 

I have lived in many apartment complexes where the pool/spa area was purely enjoyment. The spa was always much more popular than the pool, but obviously the cost was embedded into the accommodation. I am currently deciding on what water options to include in my brand new house.... After every ounce of drama that I have had to endure through the build I think I deserve a spa?! 

Welcome to Workshop @OceanicPools

I'm sure you have plenty of expertise and knowledge that can assist our community members in regards to pools. Just please be mindful of our rules of participation to only post information about products and services if relevant to a discussion. Advertising will be removed from the site. 

Thanks,

Jason

Hi I am new to the group and I am wondering if any of you have a swim spa. I guess I want to combine both. Able to have the grand kids swim but exercise for me all year round. (have a bad back) I would like it built into my back deck not down the back yard. I would also like to have a Florida room built over it
_Marley_
Building a Reputation

I would recommend you try to swim in one first @Cassy5. Some people say swimming against the jets is not very relaxing - very choppy and unnatural.  

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Cassy5,

Great to see you make your first post and already receive a helpful reply. Welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased you could join us and look forward to reading all about your projects and plans. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share. And please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Thanks,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects