Workshop
Ask a question

How to prepare concrete step before tiling?

hopo10
Just Starting Out

How to prepare concrete step before tiling?

I need to use a filler to patch small indents and to level up an outside concrete step before sealing and tiling.

What is the best FILLER  to use  ?

Also -  I would like to SEAL  the same concrete step in preparation before having it tiled.

And  I  would like to use the same  SEAL  product  to  coat  an  external  brick  wall  before  laying  a  garden.

is ..... 

Crommelin 4L Exterior Grade Brushable Waterproofer   suitable  for  both  the concrete step  before tiling, and the brick wall to stop water penetrating.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice  -  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Preparing old outside concrete step before tiling.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @hopo10. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your questions.

I've spoken to Crommelin and they have advised that the Crommelin 4L Exterior Grade Brushable Waterproofer is not recommended to be tiled over. They have instead suggested you use Crommelin 15kg Pro-500 Undertile Waterproofing Membrane. A suitable filler for the concrete step would be Timbermate 500g Concremate Expanding Cement.

The undertile waterproofing membrane is also suitable for painting the brick wall before laying a garden.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects