Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Re-surfacing pebblecrete

JRRed
Building a Reputation

Re-surfacing pebblecrete

Front porch westFront porch westIMG_5669.JPGLast year I posted that I had had my pebblecrete pool completely re-surfaced.  (See my first post for before and after).

Now I would like to get my front porch, which is also pebblecrete, resurfaced.  I have had some quotes to have it skimmed with concrete but they seem very expensive. 

The porch is undercover and buts up to a grey concrete drive.  As I would like to paint my driveway dark grey again, I thought a matching concrete porch would be nice.  

Is there a product I could use to re-finish the pebblecrete?  I was thinking maybe something like a paving paint.

Does it need to be sealed first?  I am really clueless when it comes to DIY but I'm willing to have a go at it.

Thanks for all your help in the past.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Re-surfacing pebblecrete

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @debby1. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

If you apply 2 coats of Megatreat's textured primer over your Pebblecrete driveway you can then apply Megatreat's Liquid Sandstone. The primer needs to be applied at the rate of two litres per square meter. Both these products are available through the Bunnings Special Orders desk at your local store. If you need further information about the application or the suitability for driveways please feel free to contact Megatreat's information line: Ph 02 4982 2877

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @JRRed,

There's been a lot of interest in what product you ended up using for this project. Could you share more detail about how you achieved this incredible end result and how it's looking a year on?

Stevie

Yes please @JRRed I have the exact same pebblecrete verandah and would love to know what you used and how it looks now please

thanks 

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Rosie75. It would be fantastic to see an update from @JRRed about this popular project.

If you haven't already seen, our resident D.I.Y. expert Mitchell shares a couple of useful products near the start of this discussion. If you'd like to reach out to the community with any questions about your own space, feel free to hit Start a discussion and share a photo and a bit more about your project. We'd love to help.

Stevie

Al_macca
Just Starting Out

Hey JRRed, nice job, how/ what did you use as I want to do the same to my front porch, 👍🏻

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Al_macca

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining the discussion.

It's great that this project has inspired you to resurface your own front porch. Let me tag @JRRed so that they are made aware of your question. The original recommendation in the discussion was to use Megatreat Products. Looking at the resurfaced front porch, it looks very nice and has given it a totally new look. Please keep us updated, I'm sure our members would love to see your front porch once it's been resurfaced.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Hi MitchellMc,

Just read your reply on the treatment of pebblecreat, can you please advise where Megatreat's Textured Primer can be purchased, as it does not show up on Bunnings website.

Steve

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @SteveDT1. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about the Megatreat primer.

Megatreat's textured primer is available through the Special Orders desk at your local Bunnings stores.

Are you planning to cover Pebblecreate with it? If so, make sure to follow the coverage directions.

It would be great if you'd like to show us some before and after images of your project, as I trust our members would love to follow along.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Hi. On another note, is there a product I can use to make pebblecrete less slippery?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @johncald

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic having you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about making pebblecrete less slippery.

I recommend using DTA 1L Anti Slip. It works by altering the surface texture while maintaining the floor's appearance. It's suitable for use around bathrooms, patios, pools, and steps. I suggest using a DTA Turtle Back Sponge for ease of application. Before applying the anti-slip coating, I suggest giving the area a thorough clean with a Ryobi 1800W 2000PSI Pressure Washer. However, if you feel that it might damage the surface, you can use an Oates Compact Deck Scrub Brush. Please make sure that the area is dry before applying the anti-slip coating.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects