Ask a question

How to remove rust on security door?

kingj
Growing in Experience

How to remove rust on security door?

410A6AA9-556F-4906-9C03-D6AA83BA2336.jpeg

Hi

i Just bought a house and there is a rust on the front security door

have tried to use sand paper and rust removal chemical(Calcium Lime Rust Remover) but it doesn’t go.

what else can we do and if we repaint it will it come up again

please see the attached photo

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Rust on security door

Hello @kingj

The White Knight 300g White Rust Guard All Purpose Primer is currently not featured on the store's website. The best way to order this item is to call your local store's Special Orders Desk and kindly ask them to order it for you. As an alternative, I suggest using the White Knight Rust Guard 400g Grey SLS Etch Primer Spray Paint. It has the same rust guarding properties as the all-purpose primer.

Following @MitchellMc's recommendations, I can only advise you to cover the back area of your screen and floor with a drop sheet to avoid overspray. 

We look forward to seeing your screen once you've finished your re-spray project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
kingj
Growing in Experience

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-06 at 9.45.42 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-08-06 at 9.45.41 AM.jpeg

As you can see , it didnt turn the way I wanted. I had used this color What should I do now?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @kingj

It looks like the colour you've used is too light. If you wish to colour your security door the same shade, I suggest the following steps.

• Remove the cover plate of your door handle and bring it to the store for a paint colour match.
  • I recommend using Ozito 400W Power Paint Spray Gun to spray the colour matched paint onto your door.

Following the recommended steps in our discussion and using the White Knight Rust Guard 400g Grey SLS Etch Primer Spray Paint before painting is advised. Achieving the same colour in a spray can form is difficult as the paint on your door has been weathered and is no longer its original shade. I suggest using the Ozito Spray Gun to repaint your entire door assembly. 

Here is a link to a handy step-by-step guide: 

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects