Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ryobi 2000PSI pressure washer

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Ryobi 2000PSI pressure washer

Picked up this pressure washer for $129 from Bunnings on the weekend - it's a promo so limited stock and not continually on order so get in quick if you're keen. I haven't used it yet but I've heard good things and generally like Ryobi for their value. It's just to clean down the 4x4 after a heavy beach sesh and to clean pavers every now and then so I don't need an overperformer that's getting use don the daily.

I've used Karcher (tend to feel these are overpriced), AR Blue (no complaints) and a Worx (wouldn't go near it again) washer before so after I give this one a run I'll add a review to the comments - might be a week or so though as I've got a lot coming up on the weekends.

ryobipressurewasher.png

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Re: Ryobi 2000PSI Pressure Washer

This is concerning the Ryobi
Power: 2400 W Max. Pressure: 2500 psi (170 bar)
Now My third pressure wash has stooped working. I have had 3 of theses in the last 2 weeks and all of them last an hour or so. I need to get some help here.
This cant be right. 3 units all pack it in in exactly the same way. Bunnings have been great but to go back with a third one make me look like it my fault or i am completly stupid. 
I have been so careful with the use of this lasts one following every procedurer step in the manual.

Hi again Rod (@toranarod),

Sorry to see you are still having trouble. I wouldn't hesitate to return to the store and get some assistance.

Unfortunately, it will be hard for Workshop members to help much without seeing the unit in action and what it's doing. I suggest returning to the store is the best course of action.  

All the best,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi.  Any help would be appreciated on how the soap works.  

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @koala,

Can you tell us a bit more about the problem you are having? I'm sure owners of this pressure washer, including @ProjectPete who started this discussion, would be more than happy to assist if they can. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased you could join us and look forward to reading about your projects and plans. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share. 

Jason

Maz5067
Getting Established

Re: Ryobi 2000PSI pressure washer

Did the soap washer work? Mine does not

I've had a Karcher for many years. Use if, for decks, paths cleaning drains you name it. Does a great job. If yours has a small plastic feed hose inside the detergent bottle you may find it's better to water down the detergent initially as the straight detergent is very viscous. Sometimes my washer doesn't prime for a while due to the viscosity of the detergent or a blockage of the small filter on the end of the internal hose in the bottle. The result of this means you don't get a mixed solution coming out of the spray jet. It may take a while for priming to happen but it generally fixes itself. Also, make sure that the internal hose isn't kinked as that can cause issues as well.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to have you join in the discussion and share your experience with the community @Kasey 

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts soon. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share with other members. 

Jason

redmilao
Just Starting Out

Hi All,

Am also a proud owner of the unit. The only issue now is where and how to do you replace gaskets. It's still working fine but am just wasting water as I notice water coming out from where you connect the hose to sprayer. Tried using gaskets Bunnings but it doesn't last long.

Also, has anyone used the Ryobi variable flow foam sprayer? Thinking of using that for washing car and putting car shampoo to it.

Kind Regards,

Rey

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Rey (@redmilao). Many thanks for your questions, I'd be happy to assist.

When you mention it's leaking where you connect the hose to the sprayer, are you referring to the garden hose? If so, the washers are Kinetic 12mm And 19mm NutAnd Tail Washers 8 Pack and should last for several years. If the washers have been replaced, it could potentially be the garden hose fitting that is causing the issue. It might be worth trying a new hose connector as they don't have washers but can fail from wear and tear allowing them to leak.

Something to keep in mind with the foam sprayer is that it disperses foam on the low power setting and if using a general car shampoo it must be thinned down to a water-like consistency.

We look forward to hearing more about the projects you have going on around your house and garden and I trust you'll take inspiration for them from the community. We encourage you to post anytime you need assistance with a project or have something to share.

Mitchell

Marg6
Just Starting Out

How do you get soap dispenser working on Ryobi pressure washer?

I have just bought Ryobi pressure washer and happy with it but having difficulty getting soap to come out, what are the instructions to get soap dispenser working

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects