Workshop
Ask a question

Can you use vinyl peel and stick tiles on bricks?

sachsach
Just Starting Out

Can you use vinyl peel and stick tiles on bricks?

Hi,

Could you guide if it will be worthwhile laying vinyl peel and stick tiles on bricks in my garden area. I have seen it works well on tiles but was skeptical to use on bricks.

Best Regards,

Sachin

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Using vinyl peel and stick tiles

Hi Sachin (@sachsach)

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us. 

Can you please tell us what you are hoping to achieve in your garden? Is this for a path or perhaps an outdoor entertaining area? Is it part of a garden makeover? Some photos might also help members to see what you are working with. Then members will be in a better position to recommend the right product. I can't imagine stick-on tiles designed for interior use would be suitable for your garden.

If you can please share more detail about your project I will be more than happy to tag some of our experienced members to assist you. 

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Using vinyl peel and stick tiles

Hello @sachsach

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Jason. His recommendation is spot on when he says Self Stick Vinyl Tiles will not work on bricks in your garden. However, if you're thinking about changing the colour of your bricks, I suggest using Taubmans Low Sheen White Sunproof Exterior Paint - 4L White tinted to the colour of your choice. It is an excellent exterior paint and has UV features that protect it from sun damage.

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of your proposed project? We can then observe its current condition and give you a comprehensive recommendation. There are other products you can use on your bricks, it all depends on what you're trying to achieve. Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing the details of your project.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to paint your house's exterior

If we can assist you further, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects