Workshop
Ask a question

How do you register your Ryobi tools?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

How do you register your Ryobi tools?

If you have purchased a new Ryobi tool or battery, the first step is to create a Customer Account at ryobi.com.au/register for Australia or ryobi.co.nz/register for New Zealand.

After you have created your account, Ryobi will send you a message to confirm and validate your email address.

Once your account is validated, please log into your account and register your products. You'll need your tool and proof of purchase such as your Bunnings receipt.

Please note that Ryobi's registration and extended warranty offer are for tools-only. Batteries and chargers do not have an extended warranty.

You can still register the charger and battery online for record-keeping purposes. If you wish to register your charger or battery online and cannot find the serial number on either a sticker on the charger or battery, a tag on the cord, or an imprint on the plug, you can use ten zeros in place of your serial number for the online form. You'll be prompted to upload a copy of your Bunnings receipt as well.

However, please remember that when you register tools, it is essential to enter the correct serial number from your tool to activate the extended warranty.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
RayBeard1950
Finding My Feet

Ryobi warranty experience

NOTICE , DONT BUY RYOBI tools there policy and Bunnings has changed , if faulty KEEP YOUR RECEIPT if lost or faded bad luck ,  they DO NOT COVER THERE WARRENTY  , BUNNINGS AND RYOBI  , i had a bad experiance at BROWNS PLAINS , look it up on FACEBOOK  TWITtER , the DEPARTMENT OF FAIR TRADING said it should be covered under Warrenty  

Re: Ryobi warranty experience

Hi Ray.

I'm interested to hear what happened, but I don't have Facebook/Twitter.

Any chance you can elaborate on your experience? Did you eventually get it resolved?

Cheers.

Hi @RayBeard1950,

I'm sorry to hear you've experienced issues with your Ryobi product.

Our team at Bunnings Browns Plains is more than happy to assist you with locating your proof of purchase so we can swap over your faulty product. If you speak with a manager in-store and provide them with details surrounding your transaction, like the date it was made or payments details, they can try to locate the purchase and reprint your receipt. We also offer convenient digital receipts sent straight to your mobile device if you've had them fade or they've become lost.

For your reference, our returns policy can be accessed on the Bunnings website.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need assistance contacting the team in-store.

Mitchell

no still working on it , going back through my bank records to find the date , and i have been told by bunnings they will be able to locate the receipt , then i might be able to get progress , i was so upset and dissapointed by the treatment i received, as if i was trying to rob them,  only a replacement of the faulty product , i was hoping , but policy and bad customer relations is what i received, i have learned a valuable lesson,  thank you for your concern

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @RayBeard1950

I'm sorry you didn't receive good customer service and get your warranty processed. Let me reach out to you through private messaging to assist you further.

Eric

Atacama
Just Starting Out

Re: ryobi battery charger serial number

Hi Jason, I am in the same boat with regards to the charger serial. Nothing on the charger or the plug, only the model number. The only tag on the thing is the one on the cable regarding customer service. My product, purchased today is the Ryobi 36V 46cm lawn mower 4.0 AH kit. Found the S numbers for the mower and battery, but not the charger. Any ideas?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: ryobi battery charger serial number

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Atacama. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about registering Ryobi tools.

Only your Ryobi tool needs to be registered for its extended warranty. The battery and charger do not have any extended warranty, so there is no actual reason to register them with Ryobi. That's the reason for some chargers not carrying serial numbers. Regarding warranty, if either the tool, battery or charger fails within your warranty period, you'd return the lot with your proof of purchase to your closest Bunnings store.

If you wish to register your battery and charger for record-keeping purposes, you can input ten zeros as the serial number.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

18v Charger Ryobi warranty

Re: 18v Charger Ryobi warranty

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @terryroos. It's terrific to have you join us and we trust you'll receive plenty of ideas, inspiration and helpful advice from our wonderful members.

Can you please let us know how we can assist you with your Ryobi charger warranty? You might find the answer in the previous posts on this discussion - seems it's common for people to be a little confused about how to register their product. 

Please don't hesitate to post anytime - we're here to help.

Thanks,

Jason

drenai
Finding My Feet

What are the Ryobi warranty response times?

hello

Can someone tell me what the ryobi response times are to warranty claims?

I bought a petrol powered generator at bunnings keperra but i can't get it to start. it has fresh fuel in the tank and oil in the sump. i checked that it has spark and also that fuel is getting past the fuel tap. it sounds completely dead, there are no pops or any other signs of life.

I uploaded my bunnings receipt and registered the generator on the ryobi website. i sent a form via  their page 3 weeks ago and again on Monday.  but that has proven as productive as the generator

Cheers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects