Workshop
Ask a question

How do you register your Ryobi tools?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

How do you register your Ryobi tools?

If you have purchased a new Ryobi tool or battery, the first step is to create a Customer Account at ryobi.com.au/register for Australia or ryobi.co.nz/register for New Zealand.

After you have created your account, Ryobi will send you a message to confirm and validate your email address.

Once your account is validated, please log into your account and register your products. You'll need your tool and proof of purchase such as your Bunnings receipt.

Please note that Ryobi's registration and extended warranty offer are for tools-only. Batteries and chargers do not have an extended warranty.

You can still register the charger and battery online for record-keeping purposes. If you wish to register your charger or battery online and cannot find the serial number on either a sticker on the charger or battery, a tag on the cord, or an imprint on the plug, you can use ten zeros in place of your serial number for the online form. You'll be prompted to upload a copy of your Bunnings receipt as well.

However, please remember that when you register tools, it is essential to enter the correct serial number from your tool to activate the extended warranty.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Ryobi Warranty Response Times

Good Evening @drenai 

If it's within warranty - from what I understand regards consumer rights and advice from Fair Trading in the past - and it's faulty, return it to the place of purchase for a return, replacement or repair - I believe it's your choice. I am absolutely sure Bunnings would be very happy to help you. I would not be dealing with Ryobi until that warranty has expired.

Regards

Graeme.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @drenai,

@Noyade is on the money. Please return it to your closest Bunnings store for assistance with your proof of purchase. If it's within the warranty period and the helpful team can't diagnose the issue and assist you with starting the unit, they'll happily swap it over for you on the spot.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Mitchell

Before embarrassing myself at my local Bunnings, i decided to try to start it once again. it was the same as before; spark, fresh fuel, won't start. no signs of life.

So this time i took the air cleaner off and squirted the tiniest bit of "Start ya bastard" into the air intake and put the air cleaner back together.  i only pulled the pull-start out about a foot and it fired into life!

That was saturday morning, over the rest of the weekend, i started it about 6-8 times. Its now one pull from hot and two from cold

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

I'm glad it all worked out @drenai 😁

But nothing embarrassing woulda happened even if you had brought it in.

Cheers!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Great to hear you got it sorted, @drenai!

As @Noyade has mentioned, please never feel embarrassed to seek assistance from our helpful team. I've diagnosed hundreds of petrol-powered machines in-store, and we'd much rather you bring a machine in than struggle with it at home. Sometimes you can get them running; other times, they just need to be swapped out. It could be anything from a closed fuel tap to a seized engine and everything in-between.

I'm glad that you're up and running. Please reach out again if you have further issues.

Mitchell

Registering Ryobi Home Essential Kit

I've just tried to register the products in the Ryobi Home Essentials Kit and some of the products don't have or show the serial numbers. Where would I be able to find them?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Registering Ryobi Home Essential Kit

Hello @deston370z

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about the location of serial numbers on your Ryobi Home Essential Kit.

I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How to register my Ryobi battery and charger? by @horti64. If after a thorough search of the product and there is no indication of a serial number you can use ten zeroes "0" in place of the serial number. You'll then be asked to upload a copy of your Bunnings receipt when you register. 

Make sure to give a full description of the set that you purchased. The other spots you can check are the bottom of the plug and the body of the charging unit and see if there is a stamped number. The packaging also has a number printed in the front right under the "Kit includes" text. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

serial number

I am unable to locate the serial number on my Ryobi whipper snipper to enable me to register it in my toolbox. 
An omission or is it hidden somewhere?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: serial number

Hello @buttigiegp

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thanks for joining the discussion. 

Can you please tell me which model you purchased? Sometimes the serial number is printed on the box itself often above or near the barcode. I also suggest looking at the warranty card or the operator's manual. Once you tell me which model you have I should be able to confirm the actual location of the serial number. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Re: serial number

It’s an OLT1832. 
I have found the SN now. It is on the box, not on the tool as I had expected. 
sorry to have wasted your time 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects