Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What to do with a spare car tyre...

Mick0s
Having an Impact

What to do with a spare car tyre...

Thanks to a flat tire replacement one week and a "4 for the price of 3" tyre deal the next, we've ended up with a perfectly serviceable, but 5 year old (so closing in on its use by date), tyre sitting in the backyard.

So I'm trying to think of things to use it for.

With 2 young kids (2 and 6mths) the first thought was "tyre swing" but we lack any decent branches on which to suspend it.

The current other option is to make a paltry lone raised garden bed out of it... or succumb to my desire to turn it into a tyre swan!

So I'm keen to hear / see what suggestions other people might have, and I'm sure the missus will apreciate a swan-less front garden.

Annette
Making a Splash

Re: What to do with a spare car tyre...

As one Canberran to another I say Noooooooooooooooo to the tyre swan or any offspring! If you must have a swan keep it in the backyard :smile:

To spare Canberra from a swan invasion, here are a couple of ideas for your spare tyres.............

Vertical Tyre Garden.jpg

Tyre garden.jpg

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Mick0s, if it's still got some life in it, you could send it to a retyrement village. :hysterical: :embarassed:

Do take care @Mick0s - I've heard that if you approach their fluffy babies, swans can become tyreants (sic) and attack without mercy ! :wink:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm already tyred of these tyresome puns.

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@Jason Tyred of the puns already? Wheely?

@Jason, they're definitely "treading" on thin ice.
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

I'm putting on my OH&S hat for yah @Jason.

You work too hard mate, you're under pressure, & you're los'n your grip. It might be a drag, but to avoid career burn out, stop smok'n 'em, no donuts for you, & go YouTubless. :embarassed:

Gee Workshoppers -.we're treading on thin ice with this rubbery topic which is in danger of falling flat.
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Oh dear @Trying, spare me, this could become a blowout. :grin:

I agree @Andy_Mann I think we're both ready for a retread.:angelic:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects