Workshop
Ask a question

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Hi @Christine2,

This Outdoor barbecue cabinet by @She_Skills has been really popular and might be great inspiration for you - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Outdoor-barbecue-cabinet-using-recycled-timber/td-p/843

Jason

Salini
Just Starting Out

Where can I find free pallets?

Hi, I am looking for free pallets. I live in Sydney Inner West (Strathfield South).

Thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Free Pallet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Salini. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

Our stores will often put aside pine pallets for anyone to collect. I've made contact with Greenacre Bunnings, and they have plenty of free pallets ready and waiting for you to pick up.

What do you plan on building with them?

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

ErikaH93
Getting Established

Where can I get pallets?

Hi, I'm wanting to do some diy with wood pallets, does Bunnings Capalaba have them cheap or free? And would they deliver them for me at delivery cost?

Cheers

Cheers

Re: Where can I get pallets?

Hello @ErikaH93 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop. Thank you for sharing your query with the community. Yes pallets are available at Bunnings. You may have to personally inquire at the service desk as to the current status of pallets at that store as Bunnings often recycle them. Are they free? Yes! Certain pallets are reserved but most of them are free you just need to ask at the store. Will they deliver it? You will have to ask at the store itself and you will have to choose which ones you wish to have delivered. Good luck on your adventure and stay safe.

Cheers,

Red 

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ErikaH93. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

It's great to see you've already received a helpful reply from @redracer01. I've contacted the Trade Desk team at Capalaba Bunnings, and they would be more than happy to organise a delivery for you. If you'd like to head into the store and select your pallets, they'll put them aside for the next available delivery slot. As @redracer01 has mentioned, it's always best to give them a call first to make sure there are plenty of our free pallets available.

What are you planning on building with the pallets? I trust you'll find plenty of inspiration within the community, as our members are quite passionate about recycling pallets. There are plenty of great projects to read through.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

Hi, thank you for the help!

I'm wanting to slowly build my mum some garden planters to go along the fence and also wanting to build a small add on to the end of my bed. I've already got my designs drawn up, just needed material for a low cost as I'm a disability pensioner and can't afford much 😄

Cheers
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

They sound like fantastic projects @ErikaH93! Here's a simple step-by-step guide for a raised garden bed using pallets.

Please keep us updated and reach out if you need any assistance. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Mitchell

Hi Erika

You can also get them free on Gumtree. So many people wanting to get rid of them free, different sizes.

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @Tamara072,

Thanks for jumping in with that suggestion. Let me tag @ErikaH93 so they are alerted to your comment.

It's wonderful to have you join the Bunnings Workshop community and we look forward to hearing all about the projects you've got planned. There are plenty of inspiring projects from our creative members to get you started and we're always here to help.

Stevie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects