Workshop
Ask a question

How to build a cubby house for beginners?

cubbyhouseDIY
Just Starting Out

How to build a cubby house for beginners?

Hi everyone! I have never built anything in my life but im on a mission to build my daughter her own cubby house. Any tips and tricks?

Also what are all the materials i will need ? I want it to be made from wood and will be kept uncovered outdoors

Thanks so much

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: cubby house diy for beginners

Hello @cubbyhouseDIY

I suggest having a look at this guide - How to build a pallet cubby by my colleague @MitchellMc. Once you've read the guide, this would be a good time for you to plan your cubby house. How big should it be? Does it have room for an adult to sit in? Will you be painting it? Where will it be located? These are some of the questions you'll need to take into consideration while planning your cubbyhouse.

There is also the option of purchasing a cubby house kit. Buying a kit of course takes away the option of a custom build. But, you'll still have the pleasure of assembling it yourself. 

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Clever cubby house designs.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your plans for the cubby house.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects