Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Before and after cottage makeover

2Belindas
Making a Splash

Before and after cottage makeover

FOX 2.jpg
Creating a beautiful home on a budget

Re: Before and After House Flip north coast NSW

Looks great. We painted our cupboards in the caravan with Whisper White. It's very popular for indoors.

20200324_102041-01.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @janfri, it's great to have you as one of our latest community members. 

We trust that you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects from our clever and creative members. Please feel free to post anytime you need assistance or have something to share with the community. You might be particularly interested in some of the popular caravan renovation discussions and projects we have on the site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Agree.  Looks good,  Whisper White...its a white with a little bit of warmth.  A caravan reno is on my bucket list 

Love that island and hoping to install one similar in my house, did you make this or did you buy it from somewhere?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @TeOwaina.

It's great to have you join us! I trust you'll get plenty more great inspiration such as this for all our creative community members.

Let me mention @2Belindas to see if they can provide that information for you.

If you need any assistance getting the most out of the site, please let me know.

Mitchell

Re: Before and after cottage makeover

Hi @livinthemallee 
We always use flat to wash n wear type finish to paint on gyprock walls.

We use semi- gloss on all skirtings/architraves/wardrobe doors.

We use semi- gloss on internal rendered walls, as it actually hides lumps and bumps better than flat.

We use exterior paints on the exterior which are labelled as 'low sheen' but have a bit more shine in them than low sheen interior paints example Taubmans low sheen exterior paint.

We use exterior paint in a semi-gloss or gloss (depending on the brand) for exterior posts and railings

@TeOwaina 

The island in the kitchen was a custom build.  

Many thanks for the clarification @2Belindas. Very much appreciated I'm sure.

Jason

Re: Before and after cottage makeover

Thanks for the info. We ended up buying low sheen dulux for walls and gloss for trims. . Not really worried about showing imperfections. She's about 80 ,weatherboards still good. 😁

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects