Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bunnings cut to size service

WOKNROLLA
Just Starting Out

Bunnings cut to size service

Hi,

I have purchased many items from Bunnings and used the cut service which is a great time saver !

However, I have a new project and left over materials from a different project which wasn't mine supplied and which wasn't purchased from Bunnings (Ikea if you have to know). So I'm wanting to build a kid's kitchen out of the left over parts from my friend's project but... I'm wondering if I can pay to get these cut down to the sizes I want even though they weren't purchased via Bunnings ?

TIA

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bunnings Cut to Size Service

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @WOKNROLLA. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

We are set up in-store for cutting our stock down to make it easier for customers to get home. However, I'd be happy to recommend a suitable tool to make the job easier. Personally, I own the Ryobi One+ 18V 165mm Circular Saw - Skin Only and find it great for most of my projects in and around the home. It's proficient at docking timber to length and is also capable as a panel saw. I'd highly recommend it.

If you would like to post an image of the timber and a sketch of your kid's kitchen, I trust our helpful members will have some advice on creating it.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @MitchellMc for your prompt reply.

Whilst I can agree with your comments, I will just skip this potential project in this case using the free materials. I will continue to purchase Bunnings materials for my own future home projects but have no intension of buying power tools as I have found it personally far cheaper to just buy the materials pre-cut by Bunnings, spending less time and less tools which results in quicker and easier completion of my small home projects. I guess in a way and as you say it, easier to transport too which I never thought of it that way as I own a ute :smile:

Have a great weekend mate!

That's totally understandable @WOKNROLLA. I invested in my saw when I began making diagonal cuts and mitre joints, things our store saws can't do. Would a handsaw be out of the question? It's surprising how quickly you can make large cuts with a sharp saw.

I can't wait to hear about your next project and would encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello @WOKNROLLA 

Here's a little something to wet the appetite. The drawings below can all be cut by just an ordinary hand saw. These are toy designs I made for DIY kitchens for the little people.

Red

atoy fridge3.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects