Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Chlorine mark on timber floor

_Marley_
Building a Reputation

Chlorine mark on timber floor

Hi all,

Someone left a wet towel on our timber floor and I assume the chlorine has left a mark. Any ideas about how to remove it? We don't want to have to sand and re-seal the boards!

MarkonFloor.jpg

baza
Growing in Experience

Re: Chlorine mark on timber floor

Hey Mark just wondering how you went with your floor?

_Marley_
Building a Reputation

We haven't done anything with it. A few things we tried didn't seem to have any effect. The mark has faded a little but is still apparent. We think we will sand and polish all the floors next year anyway. 

Sillabil
Just Starting Out

Hi, Do you still have the mark. You might try the old-fashioned way of removing watermarks from good timber furniture.

1.You need brown paper and a warm iron.

Puit your paper on the a small area of the mark, the size of your iron and then place your very warm BUT NOT HOT on the paper and hold it there for a few minutes at a time.

Keep checking how you are going. You should see the mark shrinking.

This has worked for me on my very good dining table etc.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice tip @Sillabil, many thanks for joining in the discussion. Great to have you join us here on Workshop. We trust you will also receive lots of helpful advice and inspiration for your projects around the house and garden from our clever and creative members. 

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Welcome aboard,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects