Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY To-Do list for the long weekend(s)

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

DIY To-Do list for the long weekend(s)

What have you got planned for DIY jobs this long weekend (in Perth) and the upcoming Easter long weekend?

Here's my thoughts on 5 worthwhile jobs that'll help to spruce things up around your home.

1. Oil your deck

The long weekend is the perfect time to oil your deck and get it ready for Autumn outdoor entertaining! Making sure you oil it at least once a year will prolong the life and keep it looking it’s best. Leave it longer between coats and you may end up creating more work for yourself.

ProjectPete_0-1582590755773.jpeg

1. Add a fresh coat of paint

A fresh coat of paint anywhere in your home can give that new house feeling and be an easy way to refresh a space. Brighten things up with a white or try being bold with a darker feature wall.

ProjectPete_1-1582590755799.jpeg

1. Create a timber feature wall

You can add warmth and sophistication with some shiplap cladding or even vertically fixed lengths of half-dowel to any wall in your home. It's a step up from painting but simple and easy to install yourself and can radically alter the look and feel of a space.

Try the Easycraft EasyVJ Primed MDF Interior Wall Linings

ProjectPete_2-1582590755820.jpeg

1. Build a vertical garden

Vertical gardens are very on trend right now and great if you’re limited on backyard space but looking to add some greenery. You can add colourful flowers to create a beautiful display or something tasty and practical with herbs and other edibles. Bonus – it’s also a good option for hiding unattractive fences!

Try this Holman Vertical GreenWall Garden Kit

ProjectPete_3-1582590755875.jpeg

1. Get organised

The long weekend is a great opportunity to do a declutter and get rid of things you may have accumulated over the summer break and organise what remains. Start with one room so you can focus on one space at a time and maximise your wall space by using shelving and hooks to free up space and add valuable storage.

Try Flexi Storage 1200 x 240 x 38mm Oak Floating Shelf

ProjectPete_4-1582590755908.jpeg

Disclaimer: Photos from Bunnings

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Re: DIY To-Do list for the long weekend(s)

Made some solid progress yesterday. Will have finished this wknd as planned

IMG_20200411_083549_334.jpg

IMG_20200411_083556_054.jpg

IMG_20200411_083600_098.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful

Well i got the sliding screen nearly finished , just need some paint touching up and i also build another screen on the other side of the carport as well, biggest holdup was waiting for the paint to dry!IMG_20200410_101310.jpgIMG_20200410_105631.jpgIMG_20200411_084814.jpgIMG_20200411_094132.jpgIMG_20200411_120634.jpgIMG_20200411_120655.jpgIMG_20200413_160202.jpgIMG_20200413_160215.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looking great @wooshka, well done. 

Can you please Start a new discussion for this project? It's worthy of its own and then would be much more likely to be found by members and visitors wanting to do something similar? It will obviously be a great candidate for our Project Gallery, too!

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @ProjectPete,

Awesome work, I am looking to do the same in the next few weeks.

May I ask what you put across the top of the fence line for this?..... was there any capping?

Cheers

Jason 

Thanks @Scribble 

Standard Colorbond fencing has the top and bottom rail. Attach the H3 70x35 timber to those with 14g Bugle head screws then fit the rest of the timber frame to those (I used a framing nailer).

----------
Handy and helpful

Thanks Mate,

i have a couple of projects on the go at the moment, I'll post some pics up soon..... they are all screening to hide my colourbond fences (4 different zones).

Have you decided on the materials yet? https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Feature-fences/m-p/50701#M7804

----------
Handy and helpful
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Scribble,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

We look forward to hearing more about your screening projects and we'd encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share them with us. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our talented members are contributing their own projects here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects