Workshop
Ask a question

Can you recommend a tradesperson?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you recommend a tradesperson?

The Bunnings Workshop community is full of helpful people sharing their experiences and knowledge about home improvement. We are always happy to provide D.I.Y. advice. The Bunnings team also offers a range of in-home services for specific installation jobs

However, if you are looking for recommendations on a builder, plumber or other tradesperson, we are unlikely to be able to assist. We would recommend you try a site like Airtasker or hipages. As Workshop is a community for people right across Australia and New Zealand, it is unlikely that there will be a member near you who can recommend someone suitable. It's best to go direct to a site that is designed for that purpose. 

The NSW Department of Fair Trading has a website offering advice on selecting a tradesperson or builder. Our Workshop Best Advice How do you choose a builder might also be helpful.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DrVee
Finding My Feet

What kitchen builders do you recommend?

We are renovating our kitchen. We got a design done with Bunnings in home consultant but now need to find builders to put it in for us. Does anyone have any recommendations? Reasonable prices and quality workmanship paramount.

image.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What kitchen builders do you recommend?

Hello @DrVee

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about kitchen builders.

Would it be possible for you to please tell me which store you had this kitchen quoted at? A kitchen installation service is offered at the store, however, it's always prudent to ask to make sure that this service is available at that particular store. Unfortunately, I can only recommend the store installer as they have gone through Bunning's certification. 

If you were to engage the services of an independent installer, I suggest keeping these recommendations in mind. Ask the installer for the last three customers they serviced. You'll be able to tell if they provided good service by speaking to the former customers. Ask for pictures of their kitchen installation, you'll be able to tell how good their workmanship is. The other source of reviews is of course online. A good installer will have a very good online presence and will be showing off their work. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

DrVee
Finding My Feet

Thank you so much Eric,

It was at the Tingalpa/Manly West store that we had it designed.

Thank you for the questions to ask potential installers, that will help.

Cheers

V

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @DrVee,

Your In-Home Consultant can provide a list of accredited installers to use. If you give them a quick call, they'll be happy to send you details of the installers we use in your area.

Please let me know if you need assistance getting back in touch with your consultant.

Mitchell

Numan
Just Starting Out

Small kitchen and bathroom reno contacts wanted

Hi Everyone

I need to renovate tiny kitchen (& equally small bathroom) in St Kilda area on a budget.

Can anyone recommend their trade contacts for this reno? 

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Small kitchen and bathroom reno contacts wanted

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Numan. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your renovation question.

You might like to look towards services like Airtasker and Hipages to find tradespeople in your area. If you were interested in completing any of the renovations yourself, I trust our helpful and knowledgeable members would be more than happy to provide advice. You might like to read through these articles: How to plan a bathroom renovation and How to plan a kitchen renovation. Also, check out our Top 10 most popular bathroom projects and for Top 10 most popular kitchen projects inspiration.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Maureen2
Just Starting Out

Builder help

Do Bunnings have names of builders who could help with installation and little Reno in Adelaide?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Builder help

Hello @Maureen2 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us.

It all depends on what you're having installed. The store has many installation services including kitchen and laundry installation services. If you can tell us what you're planning to do, I can find out for you if our service offer covers it.

Eric

Maureen2
Just Starting Out

Re: Builder help

Thank you Eric 

Initially, I need a small kitchen removed and new one installed with a little bit of wall ( splashback) removed. New Appliances installed too. 

Then a little plumbing job- hand basin installed in existing toilet.

Maureen

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects