Workshop
Ask a question

Grid Connect light dimming schedule automation

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Grid Connect light dimming schedule automation

Hi All,

Just thought I would post a simple automation chain for setting a schedule to dim down  the Arlec globes a set times and days you require.

I work late nights on rotation and when I turn the ensuite light on I don't want to the light on full brightness waking up the better half and I don't also want to be fumbling for my phone to dim it down so I set the 2 following automations.

Someone might know how to combine them into 1 and that would be fantastic.

By setting your active period down the bottom you ate telling the automation when you want it active.

You can have the light switch flicked off and flick it on within that period and it will dim to lowest setting or whatever you have it set and it will remain in that state for that set period.

Carl

Screenshot_20220621-102751_Grid Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-102411_Grid Connect.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Grid Connect Light Dimming Schedule

Hi @CSParnell

Is there a provision to program it on a day-to-day schedule? For example, if you're working late on Wednesday and Thursday it will run program 2 for low light, but for the rest of the week it will run program 1 for full brightness. If there is such a function you can program it for the rest of the month based on your schedule.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: Grid Connect Light Dimming Schedule

These are your options.

Screenshot_20220621-181033_Grid Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-181042_Grid Connect.jpg

 Maybe  a request feature to Arlec for future release for a monthly calendar would be awesome 

LCairns
Getting Established

Re: Grid Connect light dimming schedule automation

Hi Carl, I have recently purchased the Arlec smart 160 lights for my daughter's bedroom. I have managed to set them up but I am unable to get the full colour spectrum on the app, only about 8 colours.
Is there are to get the full spectrum?
Kind regards,
Laura 

Screenshot_2022-09-12-12-15-59-110_com.arlec.gridconnect.jpg

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Hi @LCairns 

By the looks of that dashboard they have limited the colour spectrum for that particular item, what happens when you click on the colour wheel on the right?

A typical full spectrum will look like below.

Screenshot_20220912_124055.jpg

Carl

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Hey @LCairns  sorry I just went and had a look they are full spectrum so let me confirm you did grab these ones and then I'll check with Arlec Tech.

20220912_124508.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @LCairns. It's great to see that @CSParnell is already assisting you.

If it is the kit that @CSParnell has posted an image of, then Arlec has confirmed that it is a full-colour spectrum. They suggest that the app's layout could appear slightly different from CSParnell's. However, they've said that the colour selection bar should still be there for that product. I'm also keen to hear what happens if you hit the RGB circle. I would have thought if anything that would bring up the gradient bar.

Mitchell

LCairns
Getting Established

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, those are the lights I purchased.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@LCairns,

Can you please confirm for us what happens when you select the circle with the red, green and blue bars in it?

Mitchell

LCairns
Getting Established

When I click on this colour (pic below) the lights just go on random colours

IMG_20220912_130146.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects