Workshop
Ask a question

Has anyone used Bunnings Structural Insulated Panels to build a house/roof?

Suesnews
Getting Established

Has anyone used Bunnings Structural Insulated Panels to build a house/roof?

hi ive found this page of Bunnings Structural INsulated Panels - SIPs - am thinking of using this for a skillion roof over a small 4.5m wide extension.  

Has anyone used these? I need info on how thick they are = looking for R4 rating for the roof  http://wholeofhouse.bunnings.com.au/pdf-productpackage/MidRiseTimberBuildings-SIPS.pdf

sips.JPG

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Has anyone used Bunnings Structural Isulated Panels to build a house/roof?

Floor and Roof Panels

Thickness: 175mm (R4.4) - Contact us for thicker sizes
Width: 1200mm
Length: 2400mm, 2700mm, 3000mm, 3300mm, 3600mm, 4800mm, 5400mm, 6000mm - Refer to our Roof Panel Specifications for max. spans

https://www.sipsreadycut.com.au/index.php/products/sips-ready-cut/ready-cut-components 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Suesnews,

I see you have already received a helpful reply from @Brad which is fantastic. I note he has found the information relating to the R-value of the roof panels which is R4.4 at 175mm thick.

Please let me know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Suesnews
Getting Established

Thanks Brad - I'll do my measurements and get a quote from the trade desk.  Do you know if the 175 are structural and can be self-supporting over a 4.5m span (ie and can be walked on, carefully, for cleaning gutters etc).  I'll see if i can find that info on the specs.... and Id imagine i would batton along the panels, put reflective foil, then add the colourbond roof sheets??

I'll do some more research, thanks for finding the R-values :smile:

lisalawofattrac
Just Starting Out

Hi Mitchell

The Sips ReadyCut products is sold at Bunnings Trade or regular Bunnings?

Thanks Lisa

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lisalawofattrac. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about structural insulated panels.

Both the custom made and ready cut SIPs are available through the Special Orders desk of your local Bunnings store. If you were after the ready cut SIPs off the shelf, you'd need to speak with the team at your closest trade outlet to confirm availability. 

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects