Workshop
Ask a question

How to attach seat to Besser brick wall?

Carlym19
Just Starting Out

How to attach seat to Besser brick wall?

Hi! I'm building a mudroom bench and shelf as shown in the picture but i'm unsure how to attach it to our walls, i don't want the screws to be visible. They are Besser brick. Also doing a plasterboard backing and wanting to know how to attach that as well. Thank you :smile: Carly

Screenshot 2022-06-26 103527.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach seat to besser brick wall

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Carlym19. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a bench and shelf.

I can see from the image that they've created a relatively free-standing unit with sides and a top. It's basically self-supporting and would only need to be pinned back to the wall to prevent it from toppling over. I've created a couple of renderings below that should help better illustrate how the unit is created.

Any screws you use can be counter-sunk and filled over with timber putty before painting. Wall plugs can be used to secure the screws into the Besser blocks. It's best to install the plugs into the cement grout instead of the block's side.

I'm keen to hear more details of your project and whether you intend on building a complete unit as pictured or if you just want to install a simple bench and shelf.

Mitchell

Rack.pngRack2.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects