Workshop
Ask a question

How to install shade cloth for a balcony?

jj_101
Just Starting Out

How to install shade cloth for a balcony?

I want to install shade cloth on my balcony because I seem to have the sun blaring in all day. I've asked the landlord if they are able to do so and they've said no. The balcony seems to be made out blue board and a very thin layer of hebel. I don't want to damage the property, I'm not sure how I can fix the shade cloth to it without damaging it. Any help is much appreciated 👍

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: shade cloth for a balcony

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jj_101. It's amazing that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question about fixing shadecloth.

If you could show us an image of the area, it would assist our members in offering some brilliant solutions.

I believe you'll need to find a discreet way of fixing the shadecloth without damaging the Hebel. There are a few different methods you could use that might not damage the property. Coolaroo 32 x 80mm Black Shadecloth Accessory Butterfly Clips can attach to a rope or cable, Icon Plastics 42mm Shade Clips that allows you to fix onto a hook, or the Coolaroo 25m Lacing Cord Kit that fixes to a pole. 

I look forward to seeing your images as they'll assist in determining what the best method will be.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you  @jj_101  and Mitchell I have pondered on putting shade cloth outside on the back Patio. The sun hits this spot around midday and Just throws the heat straight in. I'll certainly be down to Bunnings in the morning. Thanks @Plant-Aholic

Fantastic to see you've been inspired enough to head down to Bunnings @Plant-A-Holic. Let us know how you go with installing the shade cloth. I'm sure the community would appreciate seeing the end result.

A very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community to you. It's fantastic to have another keen gardener join our ranks. We look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our wonderful members, and I trust with your knowledge and experience that you'll be able to contribute a great deal in return.

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or ever have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to install shade cloth for a balcony?

Hello @jj_101 

Welcome to the Bunnings workshop community. Could I possibly request for a picture of the said balcony. I do have some ideas but I need to see if we can safely apply it to your current situation.

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects