Workshop
Ask a question

Sound-absorbing decorative frames

TopDadDIY
Finding My Feet

Sound-absorbing decorative frames

A.png

My daughter and I would like to share this idea to make custom decorative frames with acoustic sound absorption for less than $50 AU.

Here is how we did it:DIY Decorative Frame with Sound Absorption 

Here is link to acoustic pinboard material used: https://www.bunnings.com.au/forestone-1200-x-800mm-9mm-black-acoustic-pinboard_p0098212

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to make a Decorative Frame with Sound Absorption

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @TopDadDIY. It's sensational to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your project.

Can I start by saying that the addition of video to your project is absolutely phenomenal and I really commend you on putting it together. I've recently tried my hand at doing a video D.I.Y. and I have to say it's not easy. Multiple takes, redos and conveying what I need is not something that comes naturally to me, so I really envy your ability.

Secondarily, I'm astounded by your creativity. I'd imagine this is something that you are re-creating and in itself is an impressive feat, but if these frames are your own idea, well, I'm speechless. This really changes the game when it comes to room acoustics.

I know ForestOne was keen to know how people were using their products as they are relatively new to our stores. I'm sure they'll be keen to check out your project.

I wonder how your design could be combined with a hexagon shape and @Adam_W's light disc project. There is a distinctive gap in the market for sound deadening panels that are actually pleasing to the eye. Your project has nailed that spec.

Many thanks for sharing and I'm really keen to see what other projects you have been up to.

Mitchell

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects