Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

@jennih 

Hi Jenny,

Welcom to the community.

I'm sure everyone would love to see some  pics of your recent projects and I'm especially interested with the stainless steel paint effect you speak of as I love anything remotely silver!!

I too have old solid timber furniture that look perfectly ok left as is, so I don't repaint but have revarnished the od thing but the items are still old so have the odd ding or scratch but I love the history behind old things.

Look forward to you sharing.

Cheers,

Barbara

jennih
Cultivating a Following

Hi @KatieC

6699101D-3B37-486D-9365-B82770A3CFAC.jpeg

55C6B12B-77EB-497A-AAF7-5D1B041D2A52.jpeg

Bronte
Finding My Feet

Searching for my next project just wanted to join now so I have taken the first step.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Searching for my next project just wanted to join now so I have taken the first step.

Lovely to have you join us @Bronte. You've certainly come to the right place for inspiration. Make sure you have a good browse around our Featured Projects section, as well as Top Ideas. Bunnings Workshop community members are a clever and creative bunch, and are sharing amazing projects on the site every day. 

Let us know what you are thinking about tackling next and we can help suggest next steps.

Welcome to the community.

Jason

Puddin
Building a Reputation

Hello all 

My name is Ann, a few years ago I retired and bought a small house that needed some cosmetic work. This is not something I have ever done before. 

A rescue cat has joined me, bought him an enclosure but it was to small. Built onto it to give him a grassed area with garden and high (not very straight) walkways and sitting areas with entry into house.

I have managed to paint most of the house and have now started to try to upcycle some of my furniture. 

Its all a lot of fun if at times a bit.... oh oh what am I doing oh dear oppps. 

A sausage on a bit of bread is a sanga on bread. 

Puds pad.jpg

Cheers Ann 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for formally introducing yourself Ann (@Puddin). It's been great having you as part of the Bunnings Workshop community this year and sharing your projects with us. 

Looking forward to seeing what you tackle next. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand or have a new project to share. Perhaps it's your next furniture upcycling project?

Jason

Elmo
Cultivating a Following

Hey im selina,

I have many different DIY projects going from gardening to painting, arts and crafts to building. For starters I have a green house with 14 plants so far growing, I am a stay at home mum, my passion amd hobbies well tough question because I will try anything new.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Selina (@Elmo). It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for introducing yourself.

What's your favourite plant, and would you mind sharing a picture with us? I'm sure our members would love to see it! We've also got some incredibly knowledgeable gardening enthusiasts on the site, so if you ever have any troubles with your plants, let us know.

Please feel free to reach out anytime you need assistance with a project around the home or garden or have something to share with the community. I look forward to seeing what projects you've been tackling.

Mitchell

Re: Searching for my next project just wanted to join now so I have taken the first step.

Hi @Bronte

Welcome to the community.

I'm sure you will get allot of help for whatever new project you have in mind. There are so many people here ready and willing to help you from experienced DIY'ers to novices starting from scratch.

Would you like to share some pics or info of your prior projects?

What sort of projects are you looking at?

I await your reply.

Cheers,
Barbara

@Puddin 

Hi Ann,

Welcome to the community and what a lovely person you are to have welcomed a rescue cat. In my experience any rescue animal dog, cat, horse are somehow more special with their love and affection as if they know what has been done for them.

You cat enclosure looks great.

I'm sure the community would love to see some pics of what you have achieved so far and of course a pic of Puddin wouldn't hurt ha-ha

Look forward to your future posts.

Cheers,

Barbara

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects