Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Many thanks for introducing yourself @autumn79 and a very warm welcome to Workshop. You will get lots of fantastic advice and ideas from the community here for your renovation work. And I'm sure you will find it incredibly satisfying doing the work yourselves.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of your work and reading more about your plans. From your first couple of photos it looks like you have a wonderful house to work with.

Thanks again for joining the Workshop community.

Jason

Hi Autumn,

Welcome to the community.

Hubby and I are building our "dream home" and although different to a reno, it is still for me at least, a very rewarding activity.

Hope to get photo's of your completed projects.

Where are you based, Vic??

Cheers,

Barbara

Fantus
Growing in Experience

Whatever you do keep your fingers away from SHARP things, I worked in the Engineering Matinance Industry for over 40 Years and I still have all my Fingers and other Bits,

The same can't be said for a lot of the other guys I worked with.

ALWAYS BE SAFE, and your medical bills will be ZERO as will the PAIN.

Take Care 

Cazzy
Getting Established

Hello community.

Im a mature lady that enjoys gardening, home painting and decorating, and simple diy projects, on a budget.

I am moving into another property soon, and whilst it's not a total Reno, the place needs freshening up. 

My first intended project will be to replace an existing old shower cubicle, and I am hoping to get inspiration and time/money saving ideas from community members please.

I look forward to reading through some of the before and after stories.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Cazzy,

Welcome to Workshop. It's fantastic to have you join us. I'm sure you will find there are plenty of like-minded people here in the community that share your passions.

Many thanks for introducing yourself. It sounds like you are going to be busy in the coming months. I hope you get plenty of great ideas, inspiration and advice from Workshop community members for your upcoming projects. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand. It will be great to see what you can achieve.

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, and thanks again for joining in the discussion. 

Jason 

Hi Cazzy,

Welcome to the community!!

I think I might be a mature lady too, is that about 60 ha-ha?

I also love gardening and am currently building a new home with hubby and have the plasterer sanding at the moment, so painting will be next on the agenda.

I look forward to your reno project with the shower cubicle and perhaps photo's.

What part of the world are you in??

Cheers,

Barbara

Cazzy
Getting Established

Hi Baretta 

Yes you guessed the "mature" part, 60+, ha ha.

Im located in Katanning in the south west of W.A., pretty rural, and a 2 hour drive to Bunnings in Albany!

So I have to check my shopping list before I go, just in case I've forgotten anything...so frustrating, but another hazard of "maturity".

I will get some pics posted when I've gathered the necessary items for the project.

Cheers, Cazzy

Hi Cazzy,

Lovely to get your reply.

I turn 60 later this year and whilst it is a lovely stage in my life, my only regrets are the old injuries that are now saying "hello" all to often these days ha-ha

You are a long way away from where I live but I believe you when you say it is a pretty rural area, as I too live in a rural area in Vic and my Bunnings, or at least the bigger store where I'm likely to find what I'm after on the shelf, is about 2hrs round trip, so I really do understand not wanting to forget stuff but I am a little more fortunate that I have a smaller Bunnings about 1hr away round trip, which is my nearest town.

I don't know if you use a mobile phone but I constantly use the memo pad on my phone now, it's my brain ha-ha.....I can make a list of everything I need from anywhere in town and I no longer carry a written list which I more often than not dropped somewhere and then had to back track to find, as I was totally lost without it, couldn't think of a single thing on the list once I didn't have it in my hand but we always keep our mobiles close and it is so easy now to simply check my list on it. I also have various lists on my phone, like lists to the smaller town or the bigger town, also jobs to do etc...

Anyway, look forward to further conversations and seeing photo's of your projects, especially the first one you mentioned replacing a shower base.

As I mentioned in my email earlier, hubby and I are still building our forever dream retirement home and we aren't too far off laying tiles in our bathroom first off and we have purchased a ready made sloping shower base at 1.mtrs long and 1.2mtrs wide that you simply fit into place and tile over, so there is no lip to step over, like a traditional shower base, it's just going to be a flat tiled floor and hence it becomes wheelchair accessible just for future planning.

Have a great day.

Cheers,

Barbara

Johnnynl
Cultivating a Following

Hi there, As can be seen from my profile, I am retired now retired (3 years) and currently live in Centra Hawkes Bay, NZ. Moved away from Auckland and now enjoy small town country living.bought a 60 year old house, My wife and I have spent the last few years fixing up the section, built and wired the double garage, built front 1.8m wooden fence & gates, raised gardens for the veges, fitted sunsails, and repainted and repaired the external walls & doors, fitted screen doors, planted fruit trees, Just starting redecorating bathroom & toilet and the rest of inside over next year or so, also just installed a expellair and heater in the bathroom ceiling. So as you can see it keeps us busy :smile:
Im always looking for ideas so Im sure the Workshop will be a interesting site
Cheers
Johnny
Robessa
Finding My Feet

Gudday everyone!

My name is Vanessa, and I love doing all sorts of things from gardening, travelling, arts and crafts, horse riding, camping to woodworking and anything else that looks or sounds interesting and creative.  Sometimes theres just not enough hours in the day to do everything! Hahaha!

One of my favourite shops is Bunnings, but I spend too much money in there! Lol! (So my friends and family like to tell me!) 

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's projects and ideas. 

As for the snag on bread question.... I call it delicious with a bit of BBQ or tomato sauce! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects